This simple 30-Minute Vegetable Enchilada Risotto is a one-pan recipe perfect for a weeknight meal. This cheap healthy dinner combines zucchini, peppers, onions, cheese, and risotto with enchilada sauce and a secret ingredient that might surprise you!
Looking for a cheap healthy dinner?
This Mexican-Italian fusion of flavors is sure to impress any dinner crowd. This 30-Minute Vegetable Enchilada Risotto combines so many of our favorite flavors. Risotto, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and garlic are mixed with enchilada sauce and cheese. The process for making the risotto starts with a traditional recipe, but takes a few unique twists to liven things up. Instead of using just vegetable or chicken broth, you’ll use a mixture of broth and enchilada sauce. When it comes to deglazing the pan, you’ll skip the traditional white wine and swap it with a secret ingredient that gives this dish a unique flavor.
What’s the secret ingredient?
Instead of using white wine to deglaze the pan, you’ll use Sol Cerveza. Use it while cooking this dish and then, when your 30-minute meal is ready, you can enjoy dinner along with an ice cold Sol! Sit back and relax; you work hard and you deserve this!
- 3.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 + 2 tsp oil
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ cup Sol Mexican Beer
- ¼ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, avocado, and tortilla strips for garnish
- Add the broth to a pan along with the enchilada sauce and bring it to a simmer. When it is simmering, turn the stove off.
- In another pan, add 2 tsps oil and the chopped zucchini and red bell pepper and sauté about 5 minutes over medium/high heat. Spoon veggie mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the other 2 tsps of oil to the pan and also add in the onion. Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes and then add in the arborio rice and sauté, stirring regularly. When the rice begins to pop, add in the Sol beer to deglaze the pan.
- Then, add in a ladle of the hot broth and enchilada sauce mixture and stir well. Keep adding ladles of the broth to the rice mixture and stirring often, for the next 11 minutes. After 11 minutes, check the rice for firmness. I kept stirring and adding ladles of the broth/enchilada mix for another 8 minutes (total cooking time 19 minutes, but this will vary depending on the heat of your stove.) Turn off the stove at this point, but leave the pan on it.
- Then, stir in the cheddar cheese. Add in the zucchini and red bell pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with avocado and tortilla chips.
Home Chef Tip: Be sure to keep the remaining portion of the Sol in the bottle cold so you can enjoy it with dinner!
We hope you love this Vegetable Enchilada Risotto recipe from Shashi from Savory Spin, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to check out our other skillet meals to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Sol.