This One-Pan Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake is a 30-minute side dish featuring the vegetable of the season! Our simple recipe is sure to impress at weeknight meals or potlucks.
Growing up, we didn’t really eat Brussels sprouts so I didn’t have an opinion about them. I remember the first time I fell in love with them when my husband and I were out at a fancy restaurant. We were seated and the server read us the specials and we both jumped at the chance to try roasted Brussels sprouts with a garlic aioli sauce. Boy, what a game changer for me!
After that, I grew a deep appreciation for this tasty veggie. Right now, it’s the veggie of the season, and everyone is searching for new and unique recipes to try. This One-Pan Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake is one you definitely need to try!
- 1.5 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat water to boiling.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place butter, garlic, flour, and milk into an oven-proof skillet and heat on medium high, whisking frequently until mixture begins to bubble.
- Let boil for 1 minute until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts and top with remaining cheese.
- Heat for 20-25 minutes until center is hot and bubbly.
Home Chef Tip: Sometimes I add cayenne for a kick. It's really fun to dip a sliced baguette into it and eat it like a dip too. It's multi-faceted!
How good does that look? It’s a simple recipe to make, but the taste is off the charts! There’s nothing not to love with cheesy, veggie goodness. We first showcased this recipe on New Year’s Day. My husband wanted a green vegetable on the table because we were having fish and pasta, and threw this together. It’s the perfect side for dinner with friends and weeknight meals with family.
One-Pan Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake
Now, are you ready to try it yourself? It can make a believer out of anyone. My daughter is historically a picky eater, but even she sees what there is to love. The consistency is perfect, and adding the cheeses and spices knocks it out of the park.
When you’re having company over, or bringing a dish to a potluck, this 30-minute side dish is a perfect conversation starter. Everyone will want to know the simple recipe. I know I did and my own husband made it. We have really loved making it better for you. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake from SoFabFood Home Chef, Tamara from Tamara Like Camera, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Side Dish Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!