Baja Chicken Soup for Game Day
Who says you should only prepare appetizers for your Big Game Party? Your guests will be there for most of the day and we’re sure they’ll want something a little more hearty than just chips and dips at some point. That’s where this recipe for Baja Chicken Soup from Mooshu Jenne will help. This is a chicken soup with a spicy base, corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Top it off with avocado and spring onions and it’s bursting with flavor. This soup recipe is simple enough to make that it’s perfect for game day. Just whip up a big batch in the morning and keep it warm in the Crock Pot so your guests can help themselves as they get hungry throughout the day.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast; baked
- 1 small white onion; diced
- 1 large anaheim pepper; ribs removes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 48 oz. chicken stock
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans; drained
- 1 can whole sweet corn; drained
- 3 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ bushel of cilantro; chopped
- 1 large avocado; sliced into moon shaped slices
- 2 spring onions; sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups of water
- Gather your ingredients.
- Visit the original recipe at Mooshu Jenne for full preparation and cooking instructions.
Treat your party guests to a sit down meal with this Baja Chicken Soup and we’re sure they’ll love it. If you enjoyed this soup recipe and would like to see more like it, be sure to check out our other soup recipes. Before you leave, subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. Just by entering your email address, we’ll send you a free recipe per day right to your inbox. Enjoy!