This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe is creamy, dreamy, chocolate-y, and perfect for sharing with family and friends. Customize a mug by topping it with marshmallows, cinnamon, whipped cream, or chocolate candies!
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! I have the perfect fall and winter warmer for you: Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate. It’s homemade, creamy, chocolate-y, and a delicious way to sip your way through cooler weather.
This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe is great for entertaining with all those fall and winter holidays coming up or you can treat yourself by making this to enjoy.
You can serve it right from the slow cooker with a ladle; make sure you use a whisk to stir it before serving to make sure all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe
As a serving idea, you can serve it in heat-safe glass mugs (preferably with a handle or use a drink cozy) so you can see the layers with the toppings if you want. I chose to use mason jars just because I love using mason jars (make sure you use ones that are heat safe!).
This recipe makes a nice, big batch so it’s perfect for a crowd during any gathering. You can keep a “bar” of a variety of toppings near the slow cooker so guests can pick which toppings they want to top their hot chocolate with.
A nice, big mug of this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate feels so decadent and delicious, especially if you are looking out the window at a snow-filled landscape. This would be perfect to have after shoveling or doing fall yard work.
Having a whisk is really handy for this recipe to make sure that all the ingredients are incorporated before serving.
Chocolate (in any form) is definitely one of my weaknesses and I can’t think of a better medium to enjoy it with than this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate!
This hot chocolate definitely beats powdered hot chocolate any day and I know you will love this super decadent and delicious Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate as much as I do!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups whole milk (can substitute 1% or 2% milk)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- large or mini marshmallows
- whipped cream
- marshmallow creme
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- flavored syrup
- chocolate, caramel, or salted caramel syrup
- chocolate candies or chocolate chips
- candy canes
- In a slow cooker, combine unsweetened cocoa, semi sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is all melted.
- Using a whisk, add the heavy cream and stir until smooth. Then add the 6 cups milk and vanilla extract last, stir until smooth and combined.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until hot for serving.
- Make sure you stir with the whisk before serving, reduce heat to LOW and use a ladle for serving. Add your favorite toppings, enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: You can keep a "bar" of a variety of toppings near the slow cooker so guests can pick which toppings they want to top their hot chocolate with.You can serve it right from the slow cooker with a ladle; make sure you use a whisk to stir it before serving to make sure all the ingredients are evenly combined. As a serving idea, you can serve it in heat safe glass mugs to you can see the layers with the toppings if you want.
We hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our drinks section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!