This one-skillet breakfast delivers Spicy Poached Eggs in a fiery, garlic tomato sauce, served over crusty bread with a side of cooling avocado slices. If you like to start you day with a kick, this is the recipe for you! #YesYouCan
A One-Skillet Spicy Poached Eggs Recipe
Start your day with a kick with this fiery twist on a classic breakfast favorite. This one-skillet breakfast delivers Spicy Poached Eggs in a fiery, garlic tomato sauce, served over crusty bread with a side of cooling avocado slices. Ditch the ketchup covered eggs and serve up this restaurant-style breakfast instead. A spicy, chunky tomato base pairs beautifully with the wholesome flavor of eggs, and the garlic and spice blend sets this breakfast above any other you’ve ever tried. Don’t forget the side of bread and cooling avocado slices, because you’re going to need them!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½-1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14oz. can Hunts Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10oz. can RO*TEL Chunky Tomatoes & Chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 avocado
- Crusty bread, toasted, for dipping
- Gather your ingredients.
- Visit the original recipe post on The Crumby Cupcake for full preparation and cooking instructions.
We hope you enjoy this One Skillet Spicy Poached Eggs recipe as much as we do. If you love this breakfast idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!