As the warmer weather draws closer, satisfy your cravings for lighter, easier meals with this One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine. Simple to make, and easy to clean up!
I’ve been blessed with a husband who cleans. Since the day we moved in together, I haven’t had to touch a vacuum and very rarely have to fill or empty the dishwasher. I know that I am a lucky woman! Of course, this doesn’t mean I just sit around eating fudge and watching TV while he works his cleaning magic. Like many successfully married couples, we have divided the chores, while keeping in mind what each spouse does and doesn’t like to do around the house. This means that I do the food shopping and cook our meals. He dislikes grocery stores almost as much as I dislike sponges and toilet brushes.
What does this have to do with this One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine recipe? Good question! When possible, we try to make each other’s chores as easy as we can. He helps put groceries away and I clean up after any messes I make. The only mess I don’t clean up is one created when making dinner. I make the meal, he cleans it up. This is why one pot meals are a blessing to us both. My job of making dinner is easier and his job of cleaning up is easier!
One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine Recipe
Another great thing about one pot meals is that they are so full of flavor. Since the pasta cooks with all of the ingredients, it absorbs all of the great flavors. No water is used in this One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine recipe, so as the linguine cooks it absorbs the combination of chicken stock, white wine, and butter.
Spring is here, so I thought it would be great to add asparagus to this recipe. Spring is the perfect time of year for asparagus, and any time of year is great for mushrooms and leeks! The combination of these vegetables with garlic and butter is so delicious. And the smell? Indescribably delicious!
I used chia seeds in this recipe because they are one of my new favorite ingredients. You may be familiar with this superfood from those funny chia pets that first gained popularity in the 1990’s, or you may have used them in smoothie recipes. These tiny seeds pack a powerful punch since they are loaded with healthy benefits. In this One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine recipe, I used chia seeds to thicken the sauce. Chia seeds will absorb liquids, so they are great for thickening sauces while adding all of those great nutrients to your dish.
- 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and cut into small pieces, do not use leafy green parts (about 3 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz dry linguine
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 12 oz raw shrimp, thawed and peeled (about 24 jumbo shrimp)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
- Add the wine, and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, asparagus, mushrooms, and linguine.
- Cover the pot with a lid, and stir occasionally, until linguine is fully submerged in the liquid (approximately 10 minutes).
- Stir in chia seeds, cover and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold the shrimp into the pasta, cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: If you haven't jumped on the chia seed bandwagon yet, you can use 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce. Stir in the flour just prior to folding in the shrimp.
We hope you enjoy this One Pot Shrimp Vegetable Linguine recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Stacey from Newlywed Survival, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our One-Pot Meals Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!