This One Pot Chicken Artichoke Pasta recipe made with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers, is the perfect weeknight dinner. You are bound to love this hearty dish that can be ready in about 30 minutes with easy cleanup.
One Pot Chicken Artichoke Pasta Recipe
Pasta is one of those dishes that’s a go-to in our house, mostly because everyone loves it. We probably go a little overboard, making it up to twice a week, but that’s because I can add so many different items to mix it up. Sometimes I make a delicious and healthy sauce to go over the top so we aren’t just having the same dish over and over again. Between extra-curricular activities and my oldest son often at college or on night shift at work, people are always coming and going in our home. This One Pot Chicken Artichoke Pasta recipe is great to pop into the refrigerator so those coming home later can heat it up whenever they are hungry.
I’ve detailed the full directions below, but here’s a quick overview. You simply add the garlic to a little oil in a large pan, then toss in the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and rotisserie chicken. Add the pasta and chicken stock, covering and simmering until the pasta is cooked. After that you add the remainder of the ingredients, stir until heated through, and serve.
This One Pot Chicken Artichoke Pasta is a simple dish that’s quick and easy to make, but is still full of flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup artichokes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup capers
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the garlic, stirring and cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Add the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Add the penne and chicken broth, toss to combine.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the heavy whipping cream and lemon zest to the pan, stirring until heated through.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving dish and top with fresh parsley.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Home Chef Tip: Drain excess liquid from ingredients such as artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and capers before adding to a recipe.
We hope you enjoy this One Pot Chicken Artichoke Pasta recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Tonya from Create Celebrate Explore, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Dinner Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!