The next time a chocolate craving hits, you don’t have to worry about indulging in a super sweet, high fat chunk of fudge that will ruin your diet – try these Vegan Chocolate Coconut Fudge bites instead!
Chocolate cravings are hard for me to kick. Well, really any craving is hard for me to kick, but chocolate in particular. I try to snack on healthier things to distract myself, but it rarely works and I always end up staring longingly at a bag of chocolate chips from across the room while “Baby Come Back” plays in my head.
I finally found a solution to my problem. Healthy chocolate fudge! You heard me – HEALTHY fudge. This Vegan Chocolate Coconut Fudge is no sugar, no dairy, no gluten, and no guilt. It ends up being rich and chocolatey, which is crazy because there’s not actually any chocolate in it, just raw cacao powder.
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bites Recipe
Let’s run through the ingredients:
- Medjool dates: Heart healthy, anti-inflammatory, and great for digestion. These bad boys give the fudge its sweetness!
- Coconut flour: A gluten-free option to regular flour, high in fiber and protein.
- Raw cacao powder: Raw, unprocessed superfood full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that helps with digestion.
- Coconut oil: Full of healthy saturated fat, reduces inflammation, and gives your immune system a boost.
- Chia seeds: Superfood loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and protein, and can aid in weight loss.
At this point, do I really need to say anything more to convince you to make these fudge bites immediately? I do? Okay, one last thing then:
These fudge bites are absolutely delicious! They’re fudgy, but not heavy; chocolatey, but not overwhelmingly rich. They’re also easily customizable, which means you can make these time and time again and never get bored!
I know how hard it is for people with food allergies and restrictions, so I hope that this dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan dessert can make your day like it makes mine!
A no-bake, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan fudge that's so indulgent that you'd never suspect it was healthy!
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt (garnish)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except for the sea salt and shredded coconut garnish in a food processor and blend until it has formed a dough (usually 1-2 minutes). If it feels too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time and pulse to combine until it forms a cohesive dough.
- Line a small loaf pan or other small container with parchment paper or plastic wrap and press dough into the bottom evenly. Top with sprinkle of seat salt and shredded coconut.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer and cut into bite-sized squares.
- Store in airtight container in the freezer.
Home Chef Tip: You can swap the garnish on top for whatever you want! Some other options are dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.
We hope you love this delicious recipe for Vegan Chocolate Coconut Fudge from SoFabFood Contributor, Leslie from Stress Baking, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to visit our Dessert Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.