Get ready to enjoy your favorite flavors of fall when you make this simple and delightful One-Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pasta! Highly customizable, and oh-so delicious, this is a meal you have to try.
Get ready for the highlight of your Halloween: this deliciously creamy and savory pasta dish. Not only does it have an incredible blend of sweet and savory flavors, but its Halloween colors make it the perfect way to celebrate the fall season and the spooky holiday. Plus, it has some serious nutrients packed into it to counter all that candy you just inhaled from the trick-or-treat bags!
Sweet potato and pumpkin are loaded with healthy benefits and they are the perfect fall staples. Sweet potato is filled with vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, calcium, and magnesium. Pumpkin is lower in calories, carbs, and sugar than sweet potato, and is still packed with vitamin A, although not as much as sweet potato. Both have their benefits! Can’t decide which one to use? Mix them together in this One-Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pasta dish and get the benefits and flavor of both.
One-Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pasta Recipe
Have fun with this recipe and make it your own! Add in other ingredients that you think sound delicious, from chives to tomatoes to goat cheese. It is certainly not a recipe that has to be followed down to the half-teaspoon. Sprinkle a little here or a little there and take creative control! Recently, I tried out the recipe by also adding a baked cheese layer on top with white cheddar and Parmesan. Safe to say, it was delicious. While it took away a bit of the health benefits, we deserve to splurge every now and then, right?
After trying this recipe out all fall long, you’ll definitely want to double (or triple) the batch and invite the neighbors over for a delicious dinner.
- 1/2 box of noodles
- 1 medium sweet potato or 1/2 cup pumpkin (or a mixture of both)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Cheese to top
- In a large pan, boil your noodles of choice as you normally would.
- While your noodles are cooking, grab your blender and mix together your sweet potato or pumpkin (or mixture of both), garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and butter.
- In a frying pan, toss in your olive oil and fresh spinach and heat on low until the spinach is cooked down.
- Once your pasta is cooked, pour the noodles into a strainer and set aside. Pour the pasta sauce that you just blended up into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Toss your noodles back into the sauce pan and mix everything together.
- To finish, top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: You can use sweet potato or pumpkin for this recipe, or a mixture of both for even more flavor and a balance of nutrients from each vegetable. Before beginning, cook up your vegetables of choice.
I hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe! How did you take creative control and make it your own? Did you throw in the sweet potato or pumpkin? Comment below and let us know your brilliant chef-minded ideas!
We hope you love this One-Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pasta recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Kylie from Little Looks Big Pictures, as much as we do. If you love this healthier classic, be sure to visit our Vegetarian Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!