This No-Bake Ice Cream Cake recipe is the perfect way to keep you and the kids deliciously entertained and happy all summer break long!
Getting together with the kids in the kitchen is always a great way to spend quality time together. In the summer, however, cooking and baking can be a tad more challenging as the days are usually warmer and the cravings are typically for something cooler.
This No-Bake Ice Cream Cake recipe is so simple to make. It’s the perfect treat to whip up with the kids, whether your kids are toddlers or teens. Plus, who doesn’t love ice cream?
You can make this no-bake ice cream cake with any kind of ice cream sandwiches you want. The Neapolitan variety shared here is always a great choice since it provides an array of ice cream flavors, including strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. There’s a little bit of each to please everyone!
No-Bake Ice Cream Cake Recipe
If you and the kids are chocolate lovers, you can go for all-chocolate, or you guys can keep it classic with vanilla. Whatever sandwich flavor you choose, this cake is promised to be delectable.
The ice cream sandwiches in this cake are stacked side-by-side to create one layer of cake before they’re topped with sweetened whipped cream. You can make your own whipped cream using heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a dash of vanilla. You can also buy a tub of prepared whipped cream from the store if you don’t want to drag your mixer out.
The kids can help unwrap all of the ice cream sandwiches from their wrappers, stack the sandwiches together (sort of like a simple puzzle!), and/or smooth out the prepared whipped cream. After your first layer of sandwiches are made and topped with cream, you just repeat with a second layer of sandwiches and more cream all over the cake.
The finishing touch is some colorful sprinkles. You can use classic jimmies, or customize the look of your cake by having the kids pick their favorite sprinkles.
The no-bake ice cream cake just needs to hang out in the freezer for a couple of hours so that the whipped cream stiffens up, and then you and the kids can dig in!
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkles, to garnish
- Whisk the heavy cream on high speed until indentations form. Stop your mixer, add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Turn the mixer back on to low speed and whisk again until the sugar is incorporated. Raise the speed to high and whisk until your cream looks thick and stiff like frosting.
- Line a rectangular plate or small baking sheet (such as a quarter sheet) with a sheet of wax paper. Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches from their packaging and vertically line up 6 ice cream sandwiches next to each other, creating 3 columns and 2 rows.
- Spread the whipped cream over the sandwiches, using an offset spatula or a rubber spatula to smooth out the cream in a thick, even layer.
- Unwrap the remaining ice cream sandwiches and line them up just like you did the first time around, placing the sandwiches directly on top of the first layer. Add the remaining whipped cream to the cake, smooth out the cream all over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the top with a tablespoon or two of your preferred sprinkles. Place the cake in the freezer to chill until the cream is stiff; about 2 to 3 hours.
Home Chef Tip: A fun twist is to add your own flavoring to your whipped cream. Add a tablespoon of puréed strawberries to your whipped cream to create strawberry whipped cream.
We hope you love this No-Bake Ice Cream Cake recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Beeta from Mon Petit Four, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!