Embrace the flavors of the spring season with this simple Citrus Salmon with Yogurt Sauce. Seasoned salmon is grilled to perfection, served over a bed of lentils, and covered deliciously in a creamy cucumber, dill, and citrus yogurt sauce.
Citrus Salmon with Yogurt Sauce
Spring. My favorite time of year. From the flowers to the flavors, I love it all.
When I think of spring eats, I imagine light and fresh ingredients–nutritious meals with colorful fruits and vegetables.
Salmon is a very delicate fish with great color and flavor for spring (and my favorite type of fish), so I knew I had to incorporate it into a fresh spring recipe.
Salmon is delicious all sorts of ways, but I really wanted to embrace all of the flavors and spirit of the season. My first thought: citrus.
Citrus is such a great addition to any spring dish, so I decided to pair it with my salmon.
Reminiscing for a minute, I remembered how I loved to pick and eat fresh vegetables from my grandma’s garden. The cucumbers would grow quickly and plenteous, and were one of my favorites to snack on, so I added those to my ingredient list.
Dill was always intriguing to me because of its delightful aroma and the fact that it reminds me of the dill dip my dad makes for family get-togethers.
The resulting dish was salmon with a creamy cucumber, dill, and citrus yogurt sauce. Yum.
- 1 pound of salmon (4 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus a little for drizzling
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon (about 1 sprig) fresh dill, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 4 cups lentils, cooked
- 3 fresh tangerines, peeled and chopped (or 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, chopped)
- Cook the lentils per package instructions.
- Combine the black pepper, sea salt, and ginger.
- Prepare the salmon by thawing, if necessary, or cutting into four servings.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salmon, add the seasoning mixture, then rub in.
- Pour oil onto a frying pan (we used a grill pan), heat slightly, then add the salmon. Cook about 3 minutes on each side until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, dill, and lemon juice with the Greek yogurt until well-blended.
- To serve, rest the salmon atop a bed of lentils and oranges, then top the salmon off with a dollop of the yogurt sauce and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
If you are not a fan of lentils, this would pair nicely with some couscous, quinoa, or even rice!
From the cool cucumber, to the fish with a hint of heat, to the refreshing citrus, your taste buds are sure to love this sensational spring salmon dish.
We hope you love this Citrus Salmon with Yogurt Sauce recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Alyssa from Arts & Crackers as much as we do. If you love this delicious dish, be sure to stop by our Seafood Section so that you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!