You need to try this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burger! It’s succulent, juicy, and pairs absolutely perfectly with our ranch seasoned grilled potato skewers. Spice up the dinner table with this beautiful grilled dish!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burger & Ranch Potatoes
Buffalo and ranch seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. A classic flavor combo that, even if one may not like spicy food, everyone seems to love. The ranch provides a nice creamy, cooling element to any buffalo style recipe, like our Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burger.
For this recipe, I doubled up on the ranch flavoring a bit. I use ranch dressing on the burger and season the potatoes with a dry ranch packet! My daughter, who steers clear of dinner if there is any sign of spicy, absolutely loves this grilled buffalo chicken.
What you need to get started (more details in the recipe card below) :
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (serves 2)
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Kaiser Rolls
- Baby red potatoes
- Green onion
- 1 Ranch seasoning packet
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- A hot grill!
Here is how to make it:
Cut the potatoes into thick slices, cut green onion into three inch pieces. Skewer alternating potato and green onion. See our tip below for the two best ways to skewer raw potato.
Season the chicken and potato skewers with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning onto the potato skewers.
Preheat grill on medium high until it reaches 500ºF. Place skewers on 5 minutes before chicken.
Flip skewers and move to the opposite side of the grill (off of direct flame, where the temperature is lower).
Add the chicken on the hottest spot of the grill over flames to get a nice sear. Grill for about 3-4 minutes. Flip.
Brush with buffalo sauce. Grill 3-4 more minutes. Flip and brush with sauce. Finish grilling until chicken reaches 165ºF internal temperature and juices run clear.
Give the buns a quick toast and remove everything from the grill.
Home Chef Tip: I use a large sheet pan to carry everything back into the house from the grill. It makes the job so much easier!
Let the chicken rest while you prepare to build your burgers. To assemble your grilled buffalo chicken burgers, start by adding ranch to one bun half and buffalo sauce to the other.
After the chicken has rested, slice into strips.
Place chicken on bun with lettuce and tomato (optional), serve with grilled ranch seasoned potatoes and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Take caution when skewering raw potato. I use one of two methods to make sure my hands and fingers are clear of the sharp skewer tip:
- Hold hand palm up, potato in between your thumb and first finger. This will ensure the skewer should slide right past your hand and fingers.
- Stand the potato slice up on it’s side on a cutting board. Skewer down through the top until you hit the board. Hold upright and continue pushing potato down the skewer.
If you are making this grilled buffalo chicken for a big crowd, I suggest shredding all of the chicken (kind of like pulled pork would be), then tossing it in more buffalo sauce. Serve in a large bowl with buns, lettuce, and tomato on the side and let your guests build their own!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, now get to grilling!
- 1 boneless,skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Kaiser rolls
- Lettuce, tomato (optional)
- 4-5 baby red potatoes, thick sliced
- 2 green onion sprigs, cut into 3" pieces
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high to achieve 500ºF.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Skewer potatoes and green onion, drizzle with olive oil, season with ranch packet.
- Place skewers on grill 5 minutes before chicken. Flip and move to cooler side of the grill away from open flame.
- Add chicken to the hottest spot of the grill, sear 3-4 minutes, flip.
- Brush with buffalo sauce, continue grilling 3-4 more minutes.
- Grill until chicken reaches 165ºF internally and juices run clear.
- Toast the buns, remove everything, and shut off grill.
- Let chicken rest while you gather ingredients to build the burger.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Top buns with ranch and buffalo sauce, lettuce, tomato, and chicken.
- Serve with ranch seasoned potatoes, enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To safely skewer raw potato slices, hold potato between thumb and first finger with palm facing upward. Slide skewer through, the end will go right past fingers and hand. OR Place potato slice on a cutting board, on it's side. Stick skewer through the top until you hit the board. Lift up and continue to push potato down the skewer.
We hope you love this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burger with Ranch Potatoes from SoFabFood Contributor, Melissa from How To This And That, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. We hope that the rest of your summer is delightful, relaxing, and of course, delicious!