If you have 20 minutes, you have the time to make this Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken for your weeknight meal. The 5-ingredient marinade uses pantry staples to give the chicken outstanding seasonal flavors. Outdoor grilling just got simpler and zestier!
Hello, this is Heather from Kitchen Concoctions and I’m excited to share my recipe for Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken with you today! My favorite time of year is spring and summer. I love the longer, sun-filled days, the chance to get outside and play before it gets too hot, and all the summer foods!
I also love this time of year because we love to entertain, whether it be a big celebration for a holiday, birthday or other special occasion, or simply a backyard barbecue on a warm Sunday afternoon! While I love hosting big, elaborate parties and get togethers, some of the best times we have had with friends and family have been these more casual backyard barbecues or Sunday suppers.
Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken in 20 minutes!
That’s why I love this ultra-easy Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken! Not only does this chicken recipe have a simple 5-ingredient marinade using common pantry staples, it is also super affordable! Since you have to let the chicken sit in the marinade for several hours, or overnight, this is a great make-ahead meal that only requires five minutes of prep and then about 12-15 minutes of cook time.
The end result is juicy and tender grilled chicken that the entire family will love! I love to serve this Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken with some of my other favorite summertime foods like this Fresh Broccoli Salad (seen in the picture above), Herbed Potato Salad, Spinach Berry Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing, or simply some grilled vegetables and sliced watermelon!
To make your meal complete, serve this chicken dish with my Strawberry Balsamic Lemonade, and end the meal with a cool summer dessert. I suggest my no bake Cappuccino Pie or Grilled Pound Cake with Lemon Honey Whipped Cream and Blueberry Compote!
What are your favorite dishes to prepare during outdoor grilling season?
- 1 (12 oz) can lemon lime soda (1 ½ cups)
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 ½ tbsp spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup canola or corn oil
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Lemon or lime wedges, optional for serving
- In a large liquid measuring cup or medium sized bowl, whisk together lemon lime soda, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, and oil; whisking until well combined.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or plastic food storage container. Pour marinade over chicken and let marinated for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill, preheat and lightly oil an outdoor or indoor grill pan. Cook marinated chicken breasts on preheated grill for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice and salt and black pepper, if desired.
Home Chef Tip: Turn this recipe into a freezer meal by placing the chicken in a freezer safe food storage baggie. Add the prepared marinade, seal and freeze for up to three months. Thaw chicken in the marinade in the refrigerator for about 24 hours or until chicken is completely thawed. Grill thawed chicken as directed above.
Note: Prep time does not include 4-24 hour marinate times. Since soy sauce tends to be salty, add salt and pepper after grilling, if needed.
We hope you love this Lemon Lime Grilled Chicken from SoFabFood Home Chef, Heather from Kitchen Concoctions, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Outdoor Grilling Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!