These refreshing Granola Crunch Berry Yogurt Popsicles are the perfect summer treat for the whole family! They’re sweet, crunchy, studded with berries, lusciously creamy, yet healthy and light. A protein packed sweet summer treat that you can make in minutes while your freezer does all the work.
Hey SoFabFood readers! It’s Mahy, the foodie from Two Purple Figs, and I’m super excited to share these Granola Crunch Berry Yogurt Popsicles with you today. They’re one of my favorite treats to cool off in the summer and they’re always a hit with grown ups and kids at the same time. Next time you’re having a BBQ, you don’t need to worry about dessert. Most of all, if you’re having a backyard playdate, park playdate, or any playdate, you’ll see those yogurt popsicles disappear in no time!
I can’t get enough of our gorgeous weather! It’s not as warm as I’d like it to be in Michigan right now, but frankly it’s been sunny and gorgeous so I can’t complain! Kids have been playing outside every day this month, I’ve been grilling at least twice a week, and we’ve been able to enjoy cold treats everyday, finally. As much as I love hot drinks and coffee, I feel popsicles totally take over in the summer, especially those yogurt popsicles because there’s something about that granola crunch in them that makes them stand out.
Granola Crunch Yogurt Berry Popsicles
I made them first in April and handed them out to the girls and their friends playing tag after school. Consequently, our door bell was ringing every day and kids were asking if we had more popsicles! So you can guess, I’ve been making them more often than I imagined and I feel good about kids having them as a snack. They’re not your usual sugary popsicles; they’re actually loaded with protein from the yogurt, some goodness from the granola, and fresh fruit. Seems like even the pickiest of eaters love them!
Let’s get started with how easy and luscious these yogurt popsicles can be. First of all, let’s start with the yogurt. Any type, any fat concentration, and any flavor works beautifully here. While today I chose the classic Greek style vanilla yogurt, imagine a coconut, lime, caramel, honey, berry, mango, or any flavor would be just as divine! Since the yogurt is the bulk of the flavor in these yogurt popsicles, you need to pick your absolute favorite or you can try a few different flavors for a variety of yogurt popsicles.
Let’s Make Granola Crunch Berry Popsicles!
Now let’s move on to the granola crunch. If you’ve got a homemade granola recipe that you love, then go right ahead and use that. Store-bought works great too, as long as the granola doesn’t have plenty of dried fruits. I feel the dried fruits take away a bit of the crunch factor so I suggest you pick a nut, seeds, and oat granola only. It’s totally a preference thing, so feel free to pick what you prefer.
Finally, let’s talk berries. I love layering fresh blueberries and raspberries between every layer of yogurt and granola. They add the perfect extra sweetness, that fruity feel to your popsicles which feels like a burst of summer! For kids, I would strongly stick to fresh berries for these yogurt popsicles, but if you’re in the mood for something exotic—think of mango chunks (with coconut ice cream and maybe some shredded coconut?), peach chunks, banana cubes, or strawberries. The sky’s the limit to how far you can go with these yogurt popsicles.
Don’t let this gorgeous weather go by without trying these divine yogurt popsicles. You’ll absolutely love them! That creamy smooth yogurt, that crunchy granola, those fresh berries..it’s just pure lush! While it’s BBQ season, try this Grilled Sirloin Steak with Cilantro Corn Salsa platter and serve the yogurt popsicles for dessert. The easiest and quickest way ever to gather friends over and enjoy a good meal.
- 1 32-ounce Greek Yogurt tub (any flavor, any fat %)
- 1/3 cup of granola (your favorite type, preferably with minimal dried fruits)
- 1/2 cup of fresh berries ( a combo of raspberries and blueberries, or your favorite fruits)
- Place the yogurt in a bowl and mix it gently with a spoon so it becomes smooth and easy to pour into the popsicle molds.
- Start layering your yogurt popsicles.
- Into each popsicle mold, sprinkle a teaspoon of granola. Top each mold with 2 tablespoons of yogurt, top that with a teaspoon of granola and a sprinkle of berries. Then layer another 2 tablespoons of yogurt, a teaspoon of granola, and another sprinkle of berries. Continue until your mold is full.
- Always make sure the final ingredient is the yogurt because it acts as a binder and keeps the granola and berry layers intact.
- Press an ice cream stick in the middle of each popsicle and make sure it reaches all the way to the bottom.
- Freeze the popsicles for at least 2 hours until they’re firm.
- To unmold the popsicles, simply run the bottom part of the old under some warm tap water for a few seconds until the popsicles are easily pulled out of the mold.
- Enjoy right away!
Home Chef Tip: Swap up the flavor of your popsicles by using different flavors of your favorite yogurt!
We hope you love these Granola Crunch Berry Popsicles from SoFabFood Contributor, Mahy from Two Purple Figs, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!