What’s not to love about this Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut Yogurt? This dairy-free dessert is a simple recipe with six types of fresh fruit you can pick up at your local farmers market and it’s perfect for picnics!
I’ve always loved a great fruit salad recipe to enjoy mid-day, especially during the spring and summer months. This Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut Yogurt is a new favorite of mine that uses all the best fruits of the season and you can always find them at your local farmers market!
In all honesty, fruit salad used to be a recipe I wasn’t too fond of, despite how much I’ve always loved fruit. However, once I went dairy-free, I realized I actually loved fruit salad for its light appeal without the heavy, sugary, cream-based dressings that usually accompany most fruit salad recipes.
Fruit salad is great without any topping at all, mainly because it’s a wonderfully refreshing and hydrating recipe to make during the hottest months of the year, but it’s also nice with a dairy-free yogurt too. I enjoy it with coconut yogurt with a garnish of mint, but it’s good with a light soy or almond yogurt topping as well.
Fruit salad is also a great way to utilize fresh, farmers market ingredients. I enjoy making this Tropical Fruit Salad for picnics, days by the pool, hiking trips, or just for snacking on outdoors in the middle of the day during the warmer months. It’s also great to pack for the beach or take to barbecues to share with friends and family. The best part? You only need fruit to make it, plus some coconut yogurt if you please, and a garnish of fresh mint for a seasonal touch.
Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut Yogurt
To make this recipe, you’ll simply need to mix all the fruit-based ingredients together in a bowl, then serve up a cup or two in individual glass reusable containers before packing them to go. Pack a separate container of the coconut yogurt and toss the fruit salad with the yogurt before you serve it. That way, it won’t get soggy in transport and the fruit will stay nice and firm while maintaining its texture.
Tropical Strawberry Fruit Salad with Coconut Yogurt is a great way to get a dose of natural vitamins, minerals, and heart-healthy antioxidants from fruit and it offers a dose of dairy-free probiotics too. Enjoy this on your next picnic and feel free to switch up the fruits for the ones that you enjoy the most!
- 1 cup of pineapple, cut into 1-inch cube-size pieces
- 1 cup of strawberries, washed and sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup of blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup of grapes, washed
- 1 cup of cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cube-size pieces
- 1 cup of honeydew melon, cut into 1-inch cube-size pieces
- 1 cup organic coconut yogurt (preferably plain or vanilla flavor)
- Optional garnish: fresh minced mint pieces or fresh mint leaves
- Mix all the fruit in a large bowl and toss well to mix evenly.
- Divide the fruit into 4 servings into 4 separate glass reusable containers.
- Store in the fridge until ready to take with you (keep on ice during transit), but no longer than 3 days.
- When ready to serve, dollop 1/4 cup of the coconut yogurt on top of each serving, toss gently, and then add the garnish of mint if using. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Pack a separate container of the coconut yogurt and toss the fruit salad with the yogurt right before you serve it. That way, it won't get soggy in transport and the fruit will stay nice and firm while maintaining its texture. Also, you can make this in advance in the fridge, just be sure to use it within 3 days. It's also great to pack for kid's lunch boxes as another option.
We hope you love this Tropical Fruit Salad from SoFabFood Home Chef, Heather from The Soulful Spoon, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our Dessert Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!