You need these Patriotic Candy Dipped Pretzels at your Fourth of July gathering this year! Simple to make, perfectly patriotic, and sure to be loved by kids and adults alike.
This Fourth of July, I’m adding these Patriotic Candy Dipped Pretzels as a sweet little treat to my annual spread. Food is my love language, so when there are holidays and get togethers, feeding my family and friends is what I do best. Getting creative, embracing the seasons and holidays, loving on people by feeding them is just my favorite thing. With Fourth of July coming up, I’ve been brainstorming what types of foods I’ll be serving and these pretzels are at the top of my list. Not only are they perfectly patriotic, but they’re a treat that both kids and adults can both enjoy.
Patriotic Candy Dipped Pretzels Recipe
I start by melting some red candy wafers in the microwave. For this particular treat, I melt them in a tall mason jar to make dipping the pretzel rods into them a bit easier.
Next I take one pretzel rod at a time and dip it into the melted candy and lay them on parchment paper to harden until I’ve used as much of the candy as I can.
I repeat this process with blue melting candy.
Once the candy has hardened and dried, I melt some white wafers in a small bowl.
I use a spoon to drizzle white stripes over my red and blue pretzels.
While the white candy is still wet, I take red and blue sugar and sprinkle it all over the pretzels.
I allow everything to harden for about an hour before removing the pretzels from the parchment paper and displaying them in glass jars for my Fourth of July tablescape.
These pretty Patriotic Candy Dipped Pretzels add fun color and a bit of wow factor to any spread this summer. They taste just as amazing as they look with that perfect blend of sweet and savory in every bite. I know my family and friends are going to enjoy each and every bite, which makes this foodie a happy gal.
- 24 pretzel rods
- 1 package (12 ounces) red melting candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) blue melting candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) white melting candy
- blue and red sprinkling sugar (optional)
- Lay parchment paper over large surface.
- In a tall mason jar, melt red candy in microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Dip pretzels one at a time into jar, covering about 2/3 of the rod in candy.
- Transfer to parchment paper to dry.
- Repeat with half the pretzels.
- In another jar, melt blue candy and repeat process with the remaining pretzels.
- Once pretzels have hardened, melt white candy using the same 30 second method.
- Drizzle white candy over pretzels.
- While candy is still wet, sprinkle sugars over the top.
- Allow to harden for one hour before serving.
Home Chef Tip: Customize the candy colors to celebrate other holidays and party themes.
We hope you love this Patriotic Candy Dipped Pretzels recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Holly from Our Holly Days, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, be sure to like us on Facebook and visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!