Make mornings less hectic when you start your day with Gluten-Free PB&J Overnight Oats. Prep time for this simple make-ahead breakfast is minimal and you’ll be happy to have your healthy, on-the-go breakfast ready for you when you wake up!
Do you ever get tired of eating eggs in the morning? Yeah, me too. Eggs are a great source of protein, but there are other ways to get your protein in the morning, like these PB&J Overnight Oats! If you’ve never tried overnight oats before, you definitely need to give them a go! Overnight oats are so easy to make. Basically, you throw all of your ingredients – oats, yogurt, chia seeds, milk, etc. – into a mason jar or air-tight container. Give them a good stir or a shake and place them in your refrigerator overnight. In the morning, add a few more toppings if you wish and eat them cold or warm them up in the microwave. That’s it! So easy!
A comforting make-ahead breakfast you’ll love!
Tips and Tricks for Making PB&J Overnight Oats
- Use whatever jam or jelly you like for this recipe. I used my homemade berry chia jam recipe. Chia seeds pack a bunch of protein in such a small serving and you can add as much sugar as you want in your jam! Store bought jam works great, too.
- You can make this whole recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk like almond milk and dairy-free greek yogurt alternatives. Equally as delicious!
- This recipe is awesome for meal prep. The recipe as written makes two servings. You can double it to be able to prepare breakfast for half the week!
- Mason jars make a great container for overnight oats so you can enjoy an on-the-go breakfast. Plastic or glass air-tight containers are great alternatives too.
PB&J Overnight Oats Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly overnight oats will bring out the kid in you! Easy to prepare, packed with protein, and so filling, they make the perfect gluten-free breakfast.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (we used gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, divided
- 3 tbsp berry jam or jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
- In a container with a lid, combine gluten-free oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup, and one tablespoon of the peanut butter. The other tablespoon of peanut butter is for topping. Stir with a spoon to combine. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, until the oats have soaked up the milk. Top with additional tablespoon of peanut butter, berry jam and fresh blueberries. Serve or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Home Chef Tip: Make the whole recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk and dairy-free greek yogurt alternative.
We hope you love this PB&J Overnight Oats recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Megan from A Dash of Megnut, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!