These simple 5-Ingredient Bacon Egg Cheese Breakfast Hand Pies are a 35-minute, make-ahead breakfast that makes a hot meal on a weekday morning possible! This on-the-go breakfast is a sure kid-pleaser.
Need a hot breakfast on a busy weekday morning?
While we all fantasize about sitting around the breakfast table on say a typical Wednesday morning, the reality?
Not so much.
Mornings are a scramble for most of us – and I’m not talking eggs here. Seems that your eyes no sooner open before it’s time to grab coats and backpacks and dash out the door.
A warm, filling breakfast? Well, that will just have to wait until the weekend, right? A granola bar and a piece of fruit will have to suffice.
These Bacon Egg Cheese Breakfast Hand Pies are everything you want on your plate – but folded into warm and flaky dough!
A 5-Ingredient, On-the-Go Breakfast
Refrigerated crescent rolls are your secret weapon here, creating an on-the-go breakfast that everyone will love. We went with a classic bacon, egg, and cheese filling, but the sky’s the limit! Swap the bacon for slices of ham or some crumbled sausage, or add your favorite veggies to the beaten eggs before cooking. You can even make these vegetarian with a tofu scramble and dairy-free cheese!
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent dough
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter butter or olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF; line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough onto a cutting board. Carefully separate into 4 rectangles, press the perforations together, and cut each rectangle in half.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Pour the beaten egg in and cook till the underside is done and golden brown. Carefully flip over and cook the other side. Slide the egg onto a cutting board and cut into 4 quarters.
- Place one quartered egg onto one piece of dough. Top with 2 bacon halves and repeat with remaining egg and bacon; sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Cover with remaining pieces of dough and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake till golden brown, 20 - 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Home Chef Tip: To make these hand pies in advance, bake as directed and cool completely. Wrap each pie in plastic wrap and place in a heavy-duty zipper bag. To reheat, microwave for 45 - 60 seconds or till heated through. Can be kept frozen for up to 2 months.
We hope you love these Breakfast Hand Pies from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sheri Silver, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Breakfast Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!