Whip up a batch of Overnight Vanilla Chai French Toast this weekend! It’s simple to make for breakfast, brunch, or even as a dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Overnight Vanilla Chai French Toast
Growing up, I remember waking up in the morning to the delicious smell of French toast. It would make its way from the kitchen where my mom lovingly whipped it up to wake me up in my bedroom. The moment my brother and I smelled it, we would run to the kitchen.
We raced to get it while it was still warm enough to melt the butter and syrup we’d cover it with!
Now that I have kids of my own, I’m the one that’s waking them up with the sweet aroma of French toast. Instead of taking the time to make French toast in the morning, I decided to prep it at night. Then all I have to do in the morning is put it in the oven while I snuggle my kids on the couch.
I also decided to change it up a bit and add some of my favorite flavors.
This homemade chai mix is perfect to top our overnight french toast, add into a cup of hot milk, or top just about everything! It’s so easy to make and goes well with your favorite breakfast dishes and desserts.
- 2 Cups Milk
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs Chai Mix
- 1/2 Cup Of Cold Butter
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tbs Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Tbs Cloves Powder
- 1 Tbs Ginger Powder
- Combine all of the chai mix ingredients together and place it in a store tight container.
- Cut up your French bread into chunks and set to the side.
- Beat your eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add in your milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Melt your butter and pour it on the bottom of your baking dish. Add in all of your bread chunks. Pour the egg mixture on top. Make sure to coat it all evenly.
- Combine the crumbly topping ingredients. Make sure your butter is cold. Crumble it over the top of your French toast.
- Cover your French toast and put it in the fridge for two hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Cook for 30 minutes. If the top starts to brown too fast, you can cover it with tin foil.
Home Chef Tip: Heat up a cup of milk and add a tablespoon of the chai mixture to it. Stir and serve it with your vanilla chai French toast!
We hope you enjoy this Overnight Vanilla Chai French Toast recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Brittany from The Almost Indian Wife, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!