This festive Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake recipe balances rich, creamy, and tart flavors that will simply delight your tastes buds. This holiday twist on a classic favorite will be loved by all!
It’s fun to use classic holiday flavors in a new way which is why this Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake is a unique dessert recipe that’s also comforting. This recipe has a classic graham cracker crust that’s pre-baked for 10 minutes while you mix the cream cheese and other ingredients. You’ll have a firm crust that stands up to lots of cutting and passing around the holiday dessert buffet.
Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
This holiday-inspired Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake recipe makes a great option for bringing to gatherings. It doesn’t require heating and tastes best at room temperature. Creamy and sweet eggnog balances the tart cranberries perfectly! A little portion goes a long way and this dense and delicious holiday dessert will serve a room full of revelers. Be sure to have a little extra glaze on hand for cheesecake aficionados as well as to use in other holiday recipes.
Try brushing cranberry glaze over goat cheese and serve with rustic crackers for an appetizer. Add cranberry glaze to the top of brie cheese that’s been wrapped in puffed pastry for a creamy and tart baked brie appetizer. Top vanilla ice cream with a dollop of cranberry glaze for a fast and fancy desert. The possibilities are endless!
Have fun with this Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake when you add your own special touches that will become a new holiday tradition. Amp up the holiday flavors with more cinnamon and nutmeg when you’re making your cream cheese mixture. Try adding orange zest to the glaze and garnish with citrus spirals.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 8-oz packages of full fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup full fat eggnog
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 10-oz bag frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from 1 medium orange
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Fill a roasting pan with 1 inch of water to create a water bath for your cheesecake.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- Add cracker crumbs and stir until combined.
- Add crust to the pan and press crust down with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, start your filling.
- In the bowl of stand mixer with paddle, mix cream cheese for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix for another 5 minutes.
- Add eggnog and mix, slowly adding flour vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, and single egg yolk.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pour into pan and bake in the roasting pan for 70 minutes.
- Middle should still be a bit 'wobbly'.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of hours on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate a little longer for optimum consistency.
- Bring cranberries, sugar, juice, and cornstarch to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook down to about half the original volume.
- Strain cranberry mixture through a fine sieve.
- Chill the glaze in the refrigerator while your cheesecake is cooling.
- Spread the glaze on your cooled cheesecake before serving.
Home Chef Tip: To protect your graham cracker crust from burning, use a round piece of parchment paper to line the spring form pan. To easily cut a circle to insert, cut a square then fold in half and half again to create another smaller square. Then round off the edges with a pair of scissors and unfold to reveal a perfect circle.
We hope you love this festive Cranberry Glazed Eggnog Cheesecake recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jennifer from Satsuma Designs, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to check out our other dessert recipes to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!