Delicate and sweet, these Crêpes with Homemade Apple Banana Jam and Chocolate Sauce will easily become your family’s favorite make-ahead breakfast.
Crêpes have always been a kind of a comfort food to me. Whenever I have the ingredients on hand, I quickly whip up a batter, scan the fridge for possible filling combinations, and make a large batch that is usually gone in the blink of an eye.
Crêpes are extremely popular in France. There, you can find them practically in any restaurant. My favorite thing about crêpes is that they are very versatile. You can make them savory or sweet, put any filling you like, bake in a sauce, sprinkle with cheese. Once you get the hang of the process, and believe me, it happens really fast, you’ll be flipping them out like a chief.
These delicate and thin French pancakes make the perfect make-ahead breakfast, snack, or dessert. I always make a large batch of crêpes to have some for the next day.
Crêpes with Apple Banana Jam and Chocolate Sauce
One of my favorite crêpe fillings is jam. Naturally, any jam will do, but today, I want to share with you a recipe for simple yet incredibly delicious apple banana jam. It requires minimal ingredients, but comes out sweet, flavorful, and perfect for any dessert that calls for a filling. You can even add it to your favorite oatmeal.
To add an extra delicious note to my Crêpes with Homemade Apple Banana Jam, I drizzled them with a little bit of chocolate sauce, because you can’t spoil pancakes with some extra chocolate, right?
The best thing about these delicate treats is that they keep perfectly in a fridge for several days. Make sure to tightly seal an airtight zipper bag and when ready to consume, just reheat in a microwave.
If you’ve never made crêpes before, it’s time for you to learn the technique and start impressing your family and friends with this classic French, and unbelievably delicious, treat.
- 2 1/4 cup (500 ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- butter for cooking
- 6 apples, cored, peeled, and cubed
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk eggs with salt and sugar. Add 1 1/4 cup of milk and flour. Mix until well combined. Add the remaining 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of oil and mix again.
- Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat.
- Pour 1/2 ladle of crêpe batter into the center of the pan, tilting to cover the bottom.
- Cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the crêpe is golden on the bottom and edges become crisp. Using spatula, flip to other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer onto a greased plate. Continue the process with the remaining batter.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine apples, sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to thicken, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add sliced banana, give everything a stir, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- When jam cools down, it will get slightly thicker.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate in 30 seconds increments. When melted, add coconut oil and stir.
- Serve folded over, filled with apple and banana jam and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
Home Chef Tips: Store crepes in a fridge in air tight zipper bag for 3-4 days. Store apple and banana jam in air tight container for a couple weeks.
To speed up the process of making batter, combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until mixture is smooth.
We hope you love these Crêpes with Homemade Apple Banana Jam and Chocolate Sauce from SoFabFood Contributor, Iryna from Lavender and Macarons, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Breakfast section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!