This make-ahead Caramel Brioche Baked French Toast is hearty, delicious, and full of flavor. Prepped the night before and baked in the morning, this recipe is perfect for holidays, special occasions, or an anytime brunch!
Make-Ahead Caramel Brioche Baked French Toast
This Make-Ahead Caramel Brioche Baked French Toast is a family favorite in my house, especially during the holidays. It makes the perfect Easter morning breakfast, but really, anytime I want a special breakfast that takes little to no effort, this is the dish I turn to. It’s simple to make and my family always gobbles it up!
My favorite thing about this dish is that it’s put together the night before, so the next morning it’s ready to go and just needs to be popped in the oven. A rich caramel sauce is poured in the bottom of a baking dish, then topped with thick slices of Brioche bread. Pour the delicious custard mixture over the bread slices, then place it in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
When baked, the French toast puffs up and gets golden brown and slightly crispy, but the inside stays soft and tender. I like to dust the top with powdered sugar and add pecan pieces for added crunch.
This French toast dish is perfect for special occasions when you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all morning. Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, or even a family brunch, this is a delicious and hearty breakfast that the whole family will love!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp caramel syrup
- 1 loaf Brioche bread, cut into 8" thick slices
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar and chopped pecans, for topping
- Lightly butter a large rectangular baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, and caramel syrup over medium heat. Cook until boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil for one minute. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange the bread slices over the mixture, gently pushing them down so that they lay flat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pour evenly over the bread slices, pressing the bread down gently to ensure everything is covered. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Bake the french toast for 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and pecans, if desired.
Home Chef Tip: Although this recipe does work best if you make it ahead of time, store in the refrigerator overnight, then bake in the morning, you can make it all at once if you forget to prepare it the night before.
We hope you enjoy this Make-Ahead Caramel Brioche Baked French Toast recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Sarah from The Chef Next Door, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!