This Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip recipe uses Old Bay seasoning and two kinds of cheeses to create an irresistible taste sensation. Ready in about 30 minutes, this fancy appetizer is what you need for all of your upcoming gatherings!
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! It’s fall and with this season and the upcoming holidays bring so many gatherings with friends and family. Looking for an easy, homemade appetizer recipe with a seafood twist? Look no further than this Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip recipe!
I love seafood and this crab dip is the kind of appetizer that you find yourself hovering over and not being able to get enough of. It’s so good when it’s fresh out of the oven because the cheese is all melt-y and hot. Speaking of cheese, this Crab Dip has cream cheese and cheddar cheese in it. You can customize the kind of cheese that you want as long as one of the types of cheese is cream cheese.
It has only six simple ingredients which you can get at any grocery store, it takes minutes to prepare, and only 30 minutes to bake. Make sure it’s served hot!
Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip Recipe
Here are some step-by-step photos of how to make this Crab Dip recipe:
You will need an 8 x 8 inch (1 1/2 quart) oven-safe baking dish for this Crab Dip recipe. You will also need a medium-large mixing bowl, large fork for mixing, measuring spoons and cups, and I suggest a baking spatula for transferring the mixture to the baking dish.
You can serve this hot and bubbly Crab Dip with crackers, crusty bread, or even just toasted white bread.
Optionally, you can sprinkle sliced scallions (green onion) on top before serving. I like to use flat leaf, Italian parsley which I grow in my garden.
It makes a lovely spread on a bagel or toast, if you are looking for a yummy snack too. I doubt there will be any leftovers with this Crab Dip though!
I know you will love this Crab Dip recipe!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning, plus more for topping before baking
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3 (6-ounce/170 grams) cans fancy lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (1/4 cup mixed in and 1/4 for topping before baking)
- Optional: sliced scallions or parsley, to top before serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the crab meat, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, and spicy brown mustard using a fork until combined.
- Spread into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and sprinkle with more Old Bay seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The Crab Dip should be bubbling.
- Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: This Crab Dip has cream cheese and cheddar cheese in it. You can customize the kind of cheese that you want as long as one of the cheeses is cream cheese. I could see Muenster or Gruyère cheese being very good as well as the 2nd kind of cheese in this recipe.
We hope you enjoy this Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Appetizer Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!