Enjoy the heavenly flavors of chocolate and coconut when you make these simple Almond Joy® Inspired Coconut Dream Truffles from the comfort of your kitchen. You won’t believe how easy this decadent dessert is to make!
If you love the flavor combination of chocolate, coconut, and almonds, you’re in for a real treat with this recipe for Almond Joy® Inspired Coconut Dream Truffles. Simple to make, no baking involved, and perfect for your holiday party table. No one will be able to resist this decadent treat, so you’ll want to make plenty so you can enjoy the sweet goodness too. These beauties taste so much like your favorite candy bars which is a definite plus. If you or your guests don’t care for almonds, omit them, and make Mounds® Inspired Truffles instead. Either way, this simple recipe is sure to be a huge hit this holiday season and beyond.
Simply mix coconut flakes, powdered sugar, and sweetened condensed milk together, roll the mixture into one-inch balls, place an almond on half of them for variety, then place them in the freezer for about a half an hour. While they’re in there, you can melt the chocolates to get ready for dipping and piping. So simple, and since there’s no baking involved, the kids can help with everything but the chocolate dipping.
These delicious coconut truffles can be ready in about an hour, but most of that is wait time for the ingredients to set. We’re sure you’ll agree these delightful treats are more than worth the wait!
- 5 cups coconut flakes
- 4 cups powdered sugar + a small amount for rolling coconut mixture balls
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-11.5 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 1.5 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, pour coconut flakes, powdered sugar, and condensed milk, and stir until thoroughly mixed. The mixture will be firm, but very sticky.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll coconut mixture in 1" balls. If your mixture is very sticky, it helps to use a little powdered sugar on your hands when rolling.
- Place balls on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place 1 almond on top of each, or omit if you'd like.
- Place balls in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips on the stove top.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer, and one by one, place them on a fork and dip them in the chocolate, covering them thoroughly. You may need to spoon the chocolate over the top of the balls depending on how deep your pan is. Shake off excess and place back on the parchment paper.
- Once you've completed the above step for all, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes for the chocolate to set, then remove.
- Melt the white chocolate chips on the stove top and pour into a zipper bag and close.
- Snip a very small hole in one corner and pipe the white chocolate over the truffles.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to completely set.
- Serve chilled.
- Store uneaten truffles in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
We hope you love this recipe for Almond Joy® Inspired Coconut Dream Truffles as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!