Made with only 5 ingredients, these Raw Chocolate Cranberry Truffles are the perfect little homemade treat for gift giving, are dairy free, gluten free, paleo friendly, and vegan!
Hi there! I’m Isabel from fromcatstocooking.com and I’m very excited to share this quick and easy treat recipe made with real, whole food ingredients like dates, 100% raw cacao powder, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Because they’re very rich and decadent, these bite-sized treats make the perfect little portion to satisfy any sweet tooth.
I love giving presents to family, friends, co-workers, and loved ones. It’s just a nice way to show how much you appreciate and care for them. But buying a gift for everyone you care for can quickly make a serious dent in your bank account. Luckily, with a little thinking and some creativity, it doesn’t have to.
The gift of food is a wonderful inexpensive gift that everyone enjoys receiving throughout the year. And when it’s homemade and from the heart, it adds another layer of thoughtfulness and love that money just can’t buy. That’s why these little Raw Chocolate Cranberry Truffles are so great – what’s better than something that’s homemade, delicious, and takes 20 minutes to make?
In addition to being extremely easy to make (all you do is throw the ingredients in a blender!), these truffles are also very versatile and can be decorated in so many different ways. They can be placed in an adorable little box and given as gifts like I’ve done, they can be put on a platter and served as treats at a dinner party, or they can be your everyday dessert when you need a little sweet fix.
The decoration possibilities are also endless. I used pecan chips and powdered sugar but here are some other toppings you could use.
- raw cacao powder
- powdered peanut butter (like PB2)
- ground almonds, walnuts, pecans, or other nuts
- finely chopped dried fruit
- melted chocolate
Gift-giving doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, it should be fun! If you’re looking for something inexpensive, homemade, and from the heart, I hope this recipe catches your eye. Enjoy this time of year with family and friends! These were given away for Christmas, but the possibilities are endless. Decorate them for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, or any other holiday you’d like!
- 1½ cup dates
- ¾ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- ¼ cup 100% raw cacao powder
- ¾ tsp pure orange extract
- ½ cup pecan chips (or other diced nuts), for topping
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, for topping
- In a blender or food processor, blend dates using the pulse function until a smooth paste is formed, scraping the dates off the sides of the blender in between pulses if necessary.
- Add the dried cranberries, walnut halves, cacao powder, pure orange extract, and pulse again until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer mixture into a small bowl and roll into a large ball.
- Cut ball into fourths. Then separate each fourth into three evenly-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball until 12 truffles are formed.
- Using the palm of your hand, roll each truffle into the pecan chips or the powdered sugar, pressing lightly, until the truffle is nicely coated with the topping. Continue until each truffle is coated.
- Serve each truffle in a mini muffin cup for a beautiful presentation and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for Raw Chocolate Cranberry Truffles from SoFabFood Contributor, Isabel from From Cats to Cooking, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple dessert idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!