Whether you’re entertaining guests or having a date night dinner in, this Chinese Chicken Mandarin Salad Bowl is perfect. Full of savory Chinese flavors, this cheap healthy meal is a quick weeknight dinner solution and delicious to boot!
Your Favorite Chinese Chicken gets a healthy makeover!
This Chinese Chicken Mandarin Salad Bowl is beautiful enough for any kind of entertaining and great for a romantic date night dinner in. Fresh, colorful veggies, savory marinated chicken, and homemade ginger dressing make this dinner salad the perfect combo of tasty and healthy. Add almonds and crispy wonton strips for texture and this weeknight dinner is quickly winning our hearts. Made with Mazola® Corn Oil, this cheap healthy meal is sure to wow your family or guests!
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp mandarin orange zest
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 cups mixed greens, romaine, butter lettuce
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups wonton strips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- Ginger Dressing, to taste
- Cut chicken into strips. Place into shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, orange zest, and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Arrange a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking pan.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on the wire rack. Bake in center of oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until juices run clear and the inside is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad in 4 large serving bowls by arranging a layer of greens in the bottom of each bowl.
- Top with the cabbage, green onions, snow peas, carrots, and mandarin oranges.
- Slice the prepared chicken and evenly divide among each bowl.
- Add the crispy wonton strips and almonds.
- Serve topped with Homemade Ginger Dressing and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Feel free to use your greens of choice as the base!
Like this Recipe? Try These!
- Tired of healthy salads that taste bland and flavorless? Never fear because this Asian-Style Chopped Salad recipe will remind you just how tasty and appetizing healthy eating really can be! The dressing is the best!
- Every fork full of this Asian Ribbon Salad has something delicious to offer! Ribbons of crunchy rainbow carrots, refreshing cucumber, nutty peanuts, and sweet and sour sesame-soy dressing! What’s not to love?
- This Asian-Inspired Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is made with classic flavors and healthy ingredients. Sub in the cauliflower rice and say goodbye to the guilt without losing any of the flavor. This will make saying goodbye to your favorite takeout restaurant a little bit easier!
We hope you enjoy this Chinese Chicken Mandarin Salad Bowl from Buy This Cook That as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more like it, visit the Mazola® Corn Oil site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Mazola® Corn Oil. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap