This Caramel Apple White Sangria recipe is a light and crisp cocktail filled with fall flavors. Perfect for happy hour entertaining, tailgating, or a girls’ night in, this seasonal cocktail is ideal for transitioning from summer to fall.
Introducing the perfect seasonal cocktail!
This Caramel Apple White Sangria is the perfect fall cocktail. It doesn’t matter if the weather is crisp and the leaves are turning all shades of orange or if the summer warmth is still lingering in the air. This seasonal cocktail is light and crisp yet it’s also filled with fall flavors so it’s ideal for transitioning from summer into fall.
Fall is my favorite time of the year. It’s a time for enjoying the beautiful changes of color in the foliage, embracing the crisp, cool air, and a time to refocus our goals. It’s also a time to celebrate apple season! Apples are without a doubt a symbol of fall with their sweet, crisp taste and there’s nothing quite like eating apples that have been freshly picked and in season.
From apple pies and apple cider to apple butter, there are so many ways to eat those delicious, sweet apples, so why not add a delicious apple cocktail to the mix?
For this cocktail, I kept things simple to ensure all the flavors shine and don’t compete with each other. I used tart Granny Smith apples to give it a little more complexity. You can use your favorite apple variety or try your own combination of apples to give it your personal touch. If you like your cocktails sweeter, use Red Delicious or Fuji apples.
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup Calvados or apple brandy
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 750-ml bottle dry, crisp white wine (Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio work well)
- Caramel candy
- Green apple pieces
- Combine agave, Calvados, and apples in a large pitcher. Cover with white wine and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Chill sangria several hours.
- For the caramel rim, pour caramel sauce on a plate and coat the rim of the glasses by dipping them in the caramel.
- To serve, spoon fruits into caramel-rimmed glasses, add ice if desired and pour sangria over the fruit.
- Garnish with caramel candy and apple pieces skewered into a cocktail pick.
Home Chef Tip: If you like your cocktails sweeter, use Red Delicious or Fuji apples.
Tailgating and happy hour just got sweeter!
Fall is also a time for entertaining and getting together with family and friends. This caramel apple white sangria is sure to be the hit during any fall celebration. Since it’s on the sweet side, it would pair nicely with a salty appetizer. It’s also perfect for finishing a meal as a substitute for dessert. If you don’t like your cocktails sweet, you can omit the agave for a drier, crisper taste.
We hope you enjoy this Caramel Apple White Sangria recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Paula from Growing Up Bilingual. If you love this seasonal drink and you’re entertaining soon, be sure to visit our Cocktail section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!