This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Cider combines your favorite fall flavors for a comforting drink perfect for entertaining during the colder months. This fall cocktail also makes for a relaxing after-dinner drink.
Fall is in the air! Who’s ready for Pumpkin Apple Cider?
When autumn arrives on our doorsteps, well mine specifically, my mind starts dreaming of all things apple and pumpkin. One thing I love most is the smell of fall. I always look forward to picking up my first bag of cinnamon pine cones each season. I start making a list of all things fall that I want to accomplish. I know I can’t be the only one who gets excited about marking items off a list. One of those items on my list ever year is making cider for my family, friends, and I to enjoy on those chilly days.
What are your favorite fall flavors?
A perfect combination of apples and pumpkin, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Cider will please not only the kids, but also the adults. Adults can indulge in a spiked version by adding in their favorite Spiced Rum before serving. Best served warm, this Pumpkin Apple Cider requires a handful of ingredients and a few hours to cook; the perfect amount of time to get the house ready before your guests arrive for holiday parties or dinners. While the cider is cooking, it will be sure to fill your home with all the smells of fall that we yearn for each chilly season.
- 10 apples, peeled, seeded, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 7 cups water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée (NOT pie filling)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp all spice
- In a slow cooker, combine water, canned pumpkin, and brown sugar. Whisk together.
- Add in quartered apples, spices, and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Using a potato masher, mash the apples and continue cooking for another hour.
- Turn off the heat and allow Pumpkin Apple Cider to cool for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks from liquid.
- Pour Pumpkin Apple Cider through a mesh strainer to remove any remaining apple pieces.
- Serve hot.
- Store Pumpkin Apple Cider in fridge in a sealed container.
Home Chef Tip: Recipe can be made with no sugar added by omitting the brown sugar and using your favorite sweetener upon serving.
We hope you love this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Cider recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Bethani from The Bottomless Cup, as much as we do. If you love this cozy after-dinner drink, stop by our drinks section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!