These flavorful Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites are the perfect party appetizer for entertaining. Whether you’re hosting a tailgate party or happy hour at home, these budget-friendly small bites need to be on the menu.
Budget-friendly small bites everyone will love!
If you’re looking for the perfect tailgate party or happy hour appetizer, look no further because you’ve just found it right here! Simple to make, full of your favorite flavors, and completely economical, these Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites are everything you want and more!
Party appetizer tips for success:
Don’t substitute chicken breast for the thighs. Trust me on this one. Chicken thighs are way more tender and are perfect in a recipe like this one. Also, the best way to get perfect small bites is to lay out your dough, spread the chicken onto it, roll it up like a log, and then cut out the bites. Parchment paper helps with the no sticking, and there you have it. The perfect finger food for your tailgate party or happy hour!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo chicken wing sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (9-inch) round pie dough, raw
- Ranch, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Brush the chicken thighs in olive oil. Arrange in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then shred.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, wing sauce, and blue cheese.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the pie dough on a flat, clean surface. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the dough in a 1-inch wide "line". Roll the dough around the chicken to create a log. The log should be about 1-1/2 inches thick. Cut the log into 6 equal segments. Repeat with the remaining dough and chicken.
- Arrange the bites on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Serve with ranch.
Home Chef Tip: Do not substitute the chicken thigh meat for chicken breast meat for this recipe. The chicken thighs are so much moister and juicier and that makes this recipe perfection!
We hope you love these Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sarah from Drool Worthy Daily, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this small bites recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more amazing ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!