These awesome Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites are quite possibly the perfect football party food! A blissful mix of chicken thigh meat, blue cheese crumbles, and Buffalo wing sauce is rolled tightly in pie crust dough, baked, and then served with ranch dressing for dipping.
It’s clearly been a buffalo chicken kind of weekend. Plus tailgating! Can you believe football season is back? Two years ago, I made these Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites for the first time. I admit, I was skeptical because…come on. No seasoning and aren’t they just going to fall apart in the oven?
Oh my goodness, you guys, not only is this recipe super flavorful, but it’s also quick and easy, and yes, the bites stay together!
If you’re looking for the perfect tailgate, or holiday, appetizer, look no further because you’ve just found it right here! Simple to make, full of your favorite flavors, and completely economical. It doesn’t get much better than that!
A few tips: Don’t substitute chicken breast for the thighs. Trust me on this one. Chicken thighs are way more tender and are perfect in a recipe like this one. Also, the best way to get easy bites is to lay out your dough, spread the chicken onto it, roll it up like a log and then cut out the bites. Parchment paper helps with the no sticking, and there you have it! The perfect finger food for tailgating season.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo chicken wing sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (9-inch) round pie dough, raw
- Ranch, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Brush the chicken thighs in olive oil. Arrange in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then shred.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, wing sauce, and blue cheese.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the pie dough on a flat, clean surface. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the dough in a 1-inch wide "line". Roll the dough around the chicken to create a log. The log should be about 1-1/2 inches thick. Cut the log into 6 equal segments. Repeat with the remaining dough and chicken.
- Arrange the bites on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Serve with ranch.
Home Chef Tip: Do not substitute the chicken thigh meat for chicken breast meat for this recipe. The chicken thighs are so much moister and juicier and that makes this recipe perfection!
We hope you love these Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Bites from SoFabFood Contributor, Sarah from Drool Worthy Daily, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the incredible recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!