Nothing beats these Oven Baked Chicken Wings served with a finger-licking, homemade Asian Sauce when you’re entertaining! This healthier classic is the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer; no frying required.
This Oven Baked Chicken Wings recipe is insanely popular among my friends and family. The secret to their fame is in the homemade Asian sauce. Whenever we entertain, this dish is a must! I’d like to share this easy yet delicious recipe with you today so that you can enjoy this finger-licking healthier classic. I also have a useful tip to share to perfectly bake these chicken wings in an oven without having to deep fry them.
Asian-Styled Oven Baked Chicken Wings
The best part of these chicken wings is the Asian sauce. You need only a handful of ingredients to prepare the sauce on a stove. You’ll need honey, vinegar, soy sauce, chili-garlic paste, cornstarch, and garlic. You probably already have these ingredients in your pantry!
Bake the chicken wings seasoned with salt and pepper in a preheated oven until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Then, either you can coat the wings with the prepared sauce or use the sauce as a dip. Whichever way you like, this appetizer is delicious both ways!
You can serve these easy oven baked chicken wings as a stand-alone appetizer, or go ahead and serve them as a side to Asian inspired dishes like a summer roll salad bowl, fried rice, Asian spring rolls, etc. No matter how you serve them, people are going to end up licking their fingers!
As I promised above, I am going to share a helpful tip to bake chicken wings evenly all over with a golden brown skin.
Whenever I bake chicken wings, I do not place them directly on the baking sheet. Instead, I place a metal cooling rack on top of the baking sheet and bake the wings on the rack. This way, there is good hot-air circulation all around which cooks the chicken evenly making the outside crispier. Trust me I am a Food Engineer! As an added bonus, you don’t have to flip the wings halfway into their baking process which makes this recipe easier and less messy than typical baked wings.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken wings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (mix with 2 tbsp water)
- Preheat oven at 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic paste, and honey. Mix well and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chicken with a little salt and pepper. Small amount of salt helps to remove the water from wings faster during baking.
- Place a metal cooling rack over the baking sheet and then place chicken wings without them touching each other.
- Bake the wings in preheated oven for about 25-30 min. Then broil them for 2-3 min until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, heat sesame oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Add minced garlic, white portion of green onions, and sauté them for about 1 minute.
- Then add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 2-3 min. Add chicken stock and bring the mixture to boil.
- Now add cornstarch-water mixture and cook for another 4-5 min or until it gets to the desired consistency.
- Add oven baked chicken wings, remaining green onions and mix them to coat the wings evenly.
Home Chef Tip: Make a large batch of the sauce to keep in the refrigerator for the week. It's perfect for dipping egg rolls, chicken nuggets, and more!
We hope you love this Oven Baked Chicken Wings with Asian Sauce recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Swati from Watch What U Eat, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our appetizer section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!