These Blackberry Mint Mojitos are a classic cocktail with a farmers market fresh twist. Skip the $14 happy hour cocktail and entertain friends at home over this refreshingly fruity cocktail recipe.
If you are searching for a new seasonal adult beverage to enjoy, you won’t be disappointed by these Blackberry Mint Mojitos. Get ready to sit back, sip, and savor this farmers market refresher.
You can also make this a tasty kid-friendly drink by omitting the rum. Just substitute the specified amount of rum below for additional blackberry simple syrup instead. This will amp up the blackberry flavor and makes a fun and fruity mocktail for the under 21 crowd!
Source Seasonal Farmers Market Ingredients
Fresh mint is easy to find during the warmer months. Whether you grow it at home in pots or pick it right from the field, mint leaves are readily available. You can head on out to your local farmers market to find plump and flavorful blackberries. Berries always taste better when they’re freshly picked, but you can pick them up at your local grocer if needed.
Make Flavorful Classic Cocktails in Minutes
This recipe is simple and straightforward, you don’t need to be an experienced bartender to make great mojitos. White rum, plenty of mint, a splash of club soda, lots of crushed ice, and homemade blackberry simple syrup are all you need. It’s a great idea to make a batch of the blackberry simple syrup ahead of time and store it in your fridge. You can make it right before creating the mojito, but you’ll need to quickly cool the syrup in the fridge or freezer. You can keep the simple syrup for up to a week in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- 1.5 oz blackberry simple syrup (6 oz fresh blackberries, 1 cup water, 1 tbsp sugar)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz club soda
- 10 mint leaves, chopped with herb scissors + several sprigs of mint
- Extra blackberries for garnish
- Make the blackberry simple syrup. Add blackberries, water, and sugar to a small sauce pan. Place the contents over a low heat. Gently mash the berries with a spoon and stir occasionally. Once the contents begin to boil, remove them from the heat, and strain the simple syrup into a glass jar or plastic squeeze bottle.
- Add crushed ice and mint leaves to a tall glass. Mix so the mint is evenly distributed.
- Add rum, club soda, and blackberry simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Shake, and pour over the ice.
- Garnish the drink with blackberries and mint sprigs and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Not everyone has a fridge that creates crushed ice. Turn normal ice cubes into crushed ice with this hack - place normal ice cubes in the center of a thin tea towel and gather the ends. You should now have a sack of ice, hit the towel over your counter repeatedly until the ice is finely crushed!
If you are looking for another way to use your fresh blackberries, try this Blackberry Basil Lemonade recipe too!
We hope you enjoy these Blackberry Mint Mojitos from SoFabFood Home Chef, Raquel from Horses and Heels, as much as we do. If you love this farmers market refresher, you can find more like it by visiting our Cocktails Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This message is intended for our readers 21+ years of age. Please drink responsibly!