These Baked Stuffed Peppers are loaded with ground turkey, rice, black beans, cheese, with a powerful kick from diced habanero peppers. This one-pan dish is a delicious and simple weeknight meal option.
Baked Stuffed Peppers with Turkey, Rice, and Beans
If you’re in need of a versatile dinner with minimal cleanup, maximum flavor, and full of protein, you’re going to love this recipe for Baked Stuffed Peppers with Turkey, Rice, and Beans. Ground turkey, boil in bag rice, no salt added black beans, diced habaneros, and creamy cheese are all served up in a handy edible bell pepper bowl for a meal that delivers an abundance of flavors and textures. We like to use orange or red peppers for both the sweeter flavor and the visual presentation, then top them off with a little shredded cheese and chopped spinach for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal.
For us here in the SoFabFood Kitchen, the star of the show is the spicy habanero. We like our food hot, but if you aren’t a fan, feel free to leave the diced habaneros out of the recipe. It’s still a delicious meal, but it’s not spicy at all with that omission. Anyway you like it, you can’t beat a meal this simple and delicious!
- 4 orange bell peppers, de-seeded, tops removed but saved
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pkg boil in bag rice, precooked
- 1 can no salt added black beans, drained
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 1 block Queso Quesadilla Cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded, for topping, optional
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh spinach, optional for topping
- Brown ground turkey on the stove top over medium-low heat until cooked, approximately 10 minutes.
- 5 minutes before ground turkey is done, add chopped shallot and habanero peppers to mix.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey mixture, beans, precooked rice, and shredded queso. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Chop tops off of peppers, remove seeds and veins.
- Place peppers in baking dish, fill with turkey mixture, top with pepper tops, wrap in foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375ºF.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, remove from foil, top with shredded mozzarella and diced spinach.
Home Chef Tip: Prepare the rice in the microwave in just 10 minutes while you're cooking the ground turkey to speed the preparation time along.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Baked Stuffed Peppers as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!