Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skewers are the perfect food for fall entertaining! Easy to make, but delicious and comforting, these meatballs will be the start of your next party!
It’s such a fun time of the year with football starting, school activities, and all of the fun that fall brings! This is such a great time of the year for entertaining as the weather cools off and there is so much to celebrate. In our neck of the woods, football is king and one of the best parts of watching games is the food of course! I love football, but I also love football food! Appetizers, cheesy dips, and bite-sized sandwiches are my kind of food.
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skewers for Game Day!
I love to take classic dishes, like chicken parmesan, and make them more appropriate for parties. These Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skewers are one of my favorite foods put into a bite-sized appetizer! And of course, everyone loves food on a stick! It is portable, which is best for entertaining. You don’t want everyone to hover around the food table. It is best to put out foods that people can pick up and carry with them as they mingle.
These meatballs are kid-friendly too. Most kids love meatballs and since they are covered in cheese, they are even more enticing. Just don’t let them play swords with the skewers when they are done eating!
I use a mini muffin tin to make these meatballs and I find that it makes the process so much simpler. You can also roll your meatballs ahead of time and by placing them in the muffin well, you ensure that raw meatballs aren’t rolling off your tray into your fridge! The mini well is also the perfect receptacle to hold the little slice of cheese above your meatball.
While I love cheesy dips at a football party as much as the next person, they aren’t the best for you. These meatballs are actually pretty healthy since you are using ground white meat chicken, so you can go ahead and eat an extra one, or two! The little bit of Panko sprinkled on top mimics the crunch of chicken parmesan, minus the deep frying!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut into squares
- your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, parmesan cheese, milk, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, basil, garlic, egg, and salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated. If mixture seems too wet to form into balls, add more Italian breadcrumbs until you reach a good consistency.
- Roll meatballs into heaping teaspoons and place each ball in a well of your muffin tin.
- Once all balls are rolled, top each one with a sprinkling of Panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops start to brown.
- Remove from oven and cover each meatball with a square of cheese.
- Return to oven and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute.
- Skewer three meatballs onto a skewer. Sprinkle meatballs with additional basil and parmesan to garnish.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Home Chef Tip: These meatballs are perfect to make ahead of time! Just cover your muffin tin tightly with foil and refrigerate until the time of your party. You can refrigerate uncooked meatballs for up to eight hours.
We hope you love these Chicken Parmesan Meatbll Skewers from SoFabFood Contributor, Amanda from Old House to New Home, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section so that you’re always ready for game day! For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!