You’re 15 minutes away from healthy comfort food!
Have you hopped on the zoodles train yet?
What’s in the recipe?
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp (about 8 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends of each zucchini. Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make noodles out of the zucchini. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a large skillet heated over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often to ensure the garlic does not burn.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until shrimp turns pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of butter to the pan and melt. Scrape up any brown bits from the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until zucchini is slightly softened, but still has a nice bite. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss to combine and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Home Chef Tip: Use whatever vegetables you have in this recipe! Yellow squash and sweet potatoes work well too!