This Baked Cod with Peach Tomato Salsa is a farmers market delight! A 20-minute meal made entirely from fresh farmers market finds that’s perfect for your weeknight dinner. A cheap healthy meal bursting with flavor and color!
Have you ever done a farmers market challenge?
Do you have a summer bucket list? I certainly do! Every year, I make a list of the top experiences and adventures I want to cross off my list during the summer. One of my favorite places when the weather is nice is the local farmers market. I love seeing all of the different fruits and vegetables that are in season and talking with the local farmers. Last year, I added a farmers market challenge to my summer bucket list. Have you ever done a farmers market challenge before? It’s when you challenge yourself to make a meal from start to finish only using what you can find at the farmers market.
One of the booths in my local farmers market is a fishmonger from Michigan. I found the most beautiful cod and knew it had to be part of our challenge. From there, I topped it with a peach salsa filled with tomatoes, red onion, and jalapeño…all from the market. It was seriously the best meal I’ve ever had. That’s how this baked cod with peach tomato salsa was born!
Baked Cod with Peach Tomato Salsa
It’s light and fresh and full of summer flavor. Gluten-free and dairy-free, too. The best part is it comes together in just about 20 minutes. The cod is seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and lime juice for a nice little kick. The peach tomato salsa adds a nice sweet and acidic touch to the fish. Serve with some cilantro lime rice or sautéed greens for a complete meal.
Do you love shopping at the farmers market as much as I do? It’s such a great way to support local farmers and get involved in your community. Fresh and local fruits and veggies make great meals! If you want to top off your dinner with a dessert made from farmers market finds, try this rustic italian plum galette.
- 1 peach, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced (optional)
- 4 cod fillets (5 oz each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a bowl, add peaches, tomatoes, lime juice, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Stir to combine. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cover cod with the spice mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400ºF for 12-14 minutes, until cod is no longer opaque and reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. The flesh should be flakey when scraped with a fork.
- Top with peach tomato salsa before serving.
Home Chef Tip: Use whatever fruit is in season for your salsa. Apricots, berries, and melon all make great salsas to top your fish.
We hope you love this Baked Cod with Peach Tomato Salsa recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Megan from A Dash of Megnut, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Seafood Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!