Love bacon, but hate the time and mess of making it? This handy kitchen hack is your saving grace. Enjoy your favorite protein source in all of your best recipes when you learn how to make 4-Minute Perfect Crispy Bacon with no mess!
If there is a single ingredient that stands alone in flavor and versatility, it’s the bacon! Cooked savory or sweet, as a compliment or as a main dish, its flavor complexity and deliciousness is like no other. That is why bacon is a staple in my kitchen and always available in my freezer.
There are many ways to prepare and cook bacon, but a few years ago, my mom shared this kitchen hack with me on how to cook perfect bacon in less than 4 minutes and I have never cooked it any other way since.
Not only is this hack fool proof and fast, but it also creates little to no mess. We all know how messy bacon fat can be when cooked on the stove top or in the oven, but this method I am going to share with you requires no extra cleaning!
Before I get to the steps, I just want to mention two other benefits of this hack. It allows you to cook as much or as little as you need and cook it to order for each person in your house. Sometimes you only need four strips for a recipe or each person in your family likes a different temperature, which makes this hack indispensable in your kitchen.
So let’s get to it!
4-Minute Perfect Crispy Bacon in the Microwave
1. Cover a dinner plate with parchment paper and place the bacon on it.
2. Place a paper towel on top of the bacon.
3. Microwave it for 2 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature desired and your microwave power. I like it crispy enough to break it, so I cook it on high for 4 minutes. You can start with 2 minutes and increase it by 30 seconds at a time to find your preferred doneness.
4. Let the bacon rest in the microwave for a couple minutes (the plate will be hot). Take it out, remove the paper towel and excess fat.
5. Enjoy the perfectly-cooked bacon with your favorite recipe!
I mentioned that there was little to no mess to clean up and it’s true! Just remove the parchment paper and stick the dinner plate in the dishwasher. There is no pan to scrub or stovetop to clean. The paper towel will catch all the grease from the bacon so you don’t even need to wipe the microwave down afterwards. Best hack ever, right?
Now that you know how to cook perfectly-crispy bacon in the microwave, you might want to try these recipes. You can find more bacon recipes on my blog, including my new favorite Pineapple Coconut Pancakes that pair so perfectly with bacon!
We hope you find this Kitchen Hack from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jana from Good Life Xplorers helpful! For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Kitchen Hacks section to help you save time and money in the kitchen. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!