Fresh strawberries, pomegranate, mint, bourbon, and a splash of Italian soda make this delightful Strawberry and Pomegranate Mint Bourbon Daiquiri your new favorite cocktail.
“Thinking of a master plan, ’cause ain’t nuthin’ but sweat inside my hand”. Okay, you may or may not be familiar with the lyrics of Eric B and Rakim’s hit song, Paid In Full, but like the daiquiri, it is a classic. Instead of sweat, let’s get our new drink inside of your hand. If you know me, then you know how much I enjoy making a good cocktail.
With of all of the various spirits out there, I have taken a considerable liking to bourbon. Admittedly, I have made one or two cocktails soaked in the caramel-colored elixir known as whiskey bourbon. It’s all about the whiskey as is the case with my latest cocktail creation, the Strawberry and Pomegranate Mint Bourbon Daiquiri. I mean, who doesn’t like a good daiquiri? I grabbed some fresh strawberries, a pomegranate, fresh mint, mint simple syrup, and a jigger of Michter’s Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey. I also doused all of that with a splash of pomegranate Italian soda. All of the hard work resulted in me single-handily concocting one of my favorite new cocktail creations. You’ve got to try this cocktail right now!
Strawberry and Pomegranate Mint Bourbon Daiquiri
- 1/2 strawberry syrup
- 1/2 mint syrup
- 1 oz fresh squeezed pomegranate juice
- 1 oz Michter's Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey
- 3 oz San Pellegrino Pomegranate Sparkling Soda
- Crushed Ice
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Add 5-6 ice cubes into a blender and pulse until you get crushed ice that resembles slush ice.
- Spoon the slush ice into a serving glass, place glass into the freezer to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker, add strawberry syrup, mint syrup, freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, Michter's Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey, San Pellegrino Pomegranate Sparkling soda, and three ice cubes.
- Using a long-handled cocktail spoon, stir the ingredients vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Remove the glass from the freezer, and fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and sliced strawberries on a cocktail stick.
Home Chef Tip: Any bourbon will work well with this recipe; just choose your favorite and enjoy!
Drink responsibly, and please, never drink and drive.
Are you a bourbon guy or gal? If you’re interested in discovering more solid bourbons, here is my mid to moderately priced top ten bourbons (in no particular order). Enjoy!
- Booker’s 7 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (Cask Strength)
- Angel’s Envy Bourbon
- Blanton’s Bourbon
- Jefferson’s Very Small Batch Bourbon
- Russell’s Reserve 10 Year Small Batch Bourbon
- Four Roses Single Barrell Bourbon
- Michter’s Small Batch Bourbon
- Basil Hayden Bourbon
- Stagg Jr. Bourbon
- Russell’s Bottled In Bond 10 Year Bourbon
We hope you love this Strawberry and Pomegranate Mint Bourbon Daiquiri recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Derrick from A Worthey Read, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this drink recipe, be sure to find more like it in our Cocktails section, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!