Learn the truth about saving money on your grocery bill. You must read these life-altering supermarket shopping tips! Try these tips right now to actually save you money.
If you have a large family and you’re trying to stick to a budget, this article is for you! Grocery shopping bills can get out of control without a thoroughly thought-out plan. Don’t sabotage your finances. Let us help with these simple supermarket shopping tips that will help you manage that grocery bill.
5 Best Supermarket Shopping Tips to Save You Money
- Eat before you shop. We all know you just can’t go to the grocery store hungry. Plan the shopping trips for after lunch or dinner to curb the cravings for unhealthy choices.
- Walk the outer walls. Your healthier perishable foods lay on the outer walls, traditionally, in grocery stores. Stock up first here then you will think more mindfully about selecting unhealthy and expensive foods as you move through the rest of the store.
- Buy store brands. Consumers have been impressed by the no-name brands, with many of them scoring well in blind taste tests. Many “generic” store-brand foods are actually made by the same companies that produce the higher-priced, name-brand stuff.
- Shop the top and bottom shelves. Typically, the healthier and less expensive items are found on the top and bottom shelves rather than on the costly middle shelves.
- Buy in bulk. Discount clubs are great cost-saving alternatives when you are looking to bulk up. There may be a fee up front, but in the long run, you will save money. Another bonus is many club stores give discounts on gas!
We hope you find these supermarket shopping tips helpful. If you liked these simple tips, come back next Tuesday because we’ll be sharing another helpful tip with you then! In the meantime, if you’re looking for recipe inspiration, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!