You will be amazed how simple Storing Radishes for optimal freshness can be when you learn this easy Kitchen Hack. This trick helps keep radishes fresh for up to a month which means you can devour these crunchy, fresh vegetables for weeks of clean snacking.
The old school idea of Storing Radishes in a plastic container with water is a little outdated. Mom and dad almost had the right idea, but this easy Kitchen Hack takes storing radishes to a new level. It is hard to get excited about clean snacking until you ditch the idea of water logged radishes in favor of a crisp, tangy bite of a perfectly-stored radish. This versatile vegetable is great as a fresh taco topping or in this Honey Tarragon Roast Radish Salad recipe.
One cup of raw, sliced radishes (116 grams) contains:
- 19 calories
- 4 grams carbohydrates
- 0.8 gram protein
- 0.1 gram fat
- 1.9 grams fiber
- 17.2 milligrams vitamin C (29% DV)
- 270 milligrams potassium (8% DV)
- 29 micrograms folate (7% DV)
- 0.1-milligram vitamin B6 (4% DV)
- 0.1-milligram manganese (4% DV)
Kitchen Hack – Storing Radishes for Optimal Freshness
- Wash radishes throughly and shake off excess water.
- Cut off the leafy green tops just above where the stems meet the root.
- Take a paper towel and dampen slightly.
- Place the paper towel in a quart-sized sealable plastic bag.
- Place the radishes in the bag and seal it.
- Use a fork to make a few small holes in the bag so air can circulate.
- Radishes will stay fresh for up to one month of clean snacking.
We hope you love this easy Kitchen Hack for Storing Radishes as much as we do. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Kitchen Hacks section to help you save time and money in the kitchen. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!