Celebrate summertime with these patriotic and super simple Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Cups! Angel food cake, cream cheese, strawberries, and blueberries make this the perfect red, white, and blue dessert for your holiday get togethers!
Summer is upon us, which means it’s time for picnic season! My husband likes to call Memorial Day the ‘first holiday’ of the summer and I feel like it is a good kickoff to the season. Memorial Day also falls around my birthday so I like to spend the weekend with friends and family celebrating that and the holiday. Of course both celebrations require dessert and my favorite thing to make is these Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Cups.
Memorial Day is a great time to celebrate those that have lost their lives in the line of duty. I’m sure we all know someone that has served our great country and lost their life. This is the perfect time to pay homage to that sacrifice. It’s also a great time to gather with those who are still in our presence and spend time together. I like to host a family party every year on Memorial Day with a big cookout and a ton of sides and desserts! I like to make things festive which is why strawberries and blueberries always make their way into whatever dessert I’m making.
Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Cups Recipe
Depending on your group size, you can make these as individually portioned cups or make them in a large trifle dish. I would recommend making this the morning of serving so that the cake does not become soggy and the cream stays whipped. You can make homemade angel food cake or purchase a store-bought cake to save on time. This dessert turns out light and fluffy and is perfect for summer.
Whether you’re hosting a Memorial Day gathering or you’re heading to someone’s home for an event, this Strawberry Blueberry Trifle is a dessert that is sure to please a crowd.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 pre-made angel food cake, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Beat the sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and light. Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
- Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Dollop half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then sprinkle with more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a decorative pattern.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Home Chef Tip: Make the whipped topping the night before and store it in the refrigerator to speed up the assembly on the day of your party!
We hope you love this Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Cups recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, April from Food n’ Focus, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!