Fresh, tangy, and sweet all meld together wonderfully in this Sparkling Strawberry Lime Cocktail. This attractive rum-based cocktail will soon become your new favorite!
My friends and I have a new favorite restaurant that opened recently. We’ve been numerous times and like to try at least one new item each visit. For brunch they had these fun sparkling sodas that were infused with all sorts of flavors. One of them was lime and strawberry, which lead to the inspiration for this Sparkling Strawberry Lime Cocktail recipe.
Sparkling Strawberry Lime Cocktail
It’s a simple recipe that can be used for individual drinks or made into a larger batch to serve at a party. Since we’re still enjoying summer, a refreshing drink that includes seasonal fruit and citrus is perfect for any gathering. Fresh strawberries are a favorite summer fruit of mine and they pair well with freshly squeezed lime juice.
What sets this cocktail apart from others is the strawberry puree. Don’t simply mix it in with the cocktail before serving, instead use it as a fun party trick. First mix together club soda, freshly squeezed lime juice, white rum, and garnish with mint.
This is where the fun part comes in. Fill pipettes with the fresh strawberry puree, and insert into prepared cocktail glasses. Your guests can now marvel in the unique cocktail you’ve created by squeezing out the puree and mixing in with the drink.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Ice cubes
- 4-ounces white rum
- 4 limes
- 2 (12-ounce) cans club soda
- Mint as garnish
- Stir together strawberry slices and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place strawberries in a blender or food processor (including any liquid) and blend until smooth a pureed. Add water a teaspoon at a time if needed to help with blending. Strain if desired to remove seeds. Fill 4 pipettes with strawberry puree.
- Fill 4 cocktail glasses with ice cubes and add 1-ounce rum and squeeze one lime into each. Top with soda water and lightly stir.
- Garnish with mint and insert strawberry filled pipettes into glasses. Squeeze puree into cocktail and stir before enjoying.
Home Chef Tip: Fill pipettes with the fresh strawberry puree, and insert into prepared cocktail glasses; do not stir in the puree yourself before serving. Your guest can now marvel in the unique cocktail you’ve created by squeezing out the puree and mixing in with the drink.
We hope you love this Sparkling Strawberry Lime Cocktail from SoFabFood Contributor, Matthew from Plating Pixels, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this cocktail recipe, be sure to find more like it in our Cocktails section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!