Looking for a hearty, 30-minute appetizer for game day? These Reuben Slider Sandwiches are made with classic corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese, and a zippy sandwich sauce. These mini deli-style sandwiches are an easy appetizer that will impress a crowd!
Start the party with Reuben Slider Sandwiches!
Hi, my name is Teri Stephens and I blog at Buy This Cook That. We prepare and share homemade recipes and ideas for busy food lovers like you. Our favorite recipes are southern classics with a twist. Granted, Reuben Sandwiches were not born in the South, but that doesn’t stop my family from wolfing them down every chance we get. This classic deli-style sandwich combination is easily in my Top 10 Sandwiches of all time. In this easy recipe for Reuben Slider Sandwiches, we are going to recreate that ultimate Reuben flavor in slider form.
What Makes a Reuben a Reuben?
I think Americans are sandwich geniuses. Especially when it comes to the original creation of the Reuben sandwich. Traditionally, this buttery grilled sandwich is assembled with layers of thinly sliced corned beef, briny sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing between rye bread. Literal flavor explosion, right?
Ruben Slider Sandwiches are no different. Every bite is loaded with flavor. We’ve made a few twists for maximum taste.
Ingredients Needed to Make Reuben Sliders:
- Brioche Slider Buns – If you can find small rye buns, use them. Or even those miniature rye toasts. To me, the best sliders have soft, slightly sweet buns.
- Corned Beef – Nothing quite compares to layers of savory, thinly-sliced corn beef on a slider.
- Sauerkraut – Tangy sauerkraut is a signature must-have on any Reuben.
- Provolone Cheese – You can certainly stick with the classic Swiss if you’d like, but I prefer the flavor of provolone.
- Reuben Sauce – We have you covered with a zesty (and easy) recipe for homemade Reuben sauce with horseradish.
- Buttery Topping – Whisk together our seasoned poppy seed butter to push this slider recipe over the top. YUM!
Let’s Make Sliders!
Reuben Slider Sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser at parties, on game day, or even for dinner. We piled ours high with corned beef and plenty of Reuben sauce.
How to Make Reuben Slider Sandwiches, Step by Step:
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together mayo, bottled chili sauce, dill pickle relish, horseradish, pepper, and spices until blended. Set aside. (Get the complete list of ingredients at the bottom of this post.)
- Drain the sauerkraut to remove any excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the bottom of each slider bun on a baking pan or dish.
- Spread the bottom buns with half of the prepared sauce.
- Add a slice of cheese, top with layers of corned beef, sauerkraut, another slice of cheese.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the inside of the top slider bun, and place it on top.
- Whisk together melted butter, brown mustard, poppy seeds, and garlic powder. Brush over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the the cheese is melted and the buns are buttery-brown.
Home Chef Tip:
Use a baking pan with rimmed edges to keep any messes from dripping in the stove.
Traditionally, you might find caraway seeds in sauerkraut. You can replace the poppy seeds with caraway in the butter if you like that flavor. Me? I’m a sucker for poppy seed. Blended with golden butter, a little mustard for bite, and garlic powder, the butter topping drips down the sides of the sliders while baking.
Don’t you love easy recipes like this that take just a few minutes to assemble and a few more to bake? No one will be able to resist a warm, gooey bite of these Reuben Sliders.
Home Chef Tip:
Like a lot of sauce? Double the recipe for the Reuben sauce and serve additional on the side. (It is also great as a chip dip!)
Serving Suggestions for Reuben Sliders:
You know what I else I love about this 30-minute appetizer recipe? It goes from oven to serving all on one pan. Easy clean up.
My fave way to serve Reuben Slider Sandwiches is with a crunchy dill pickle and salty potato chips. So good.
This recipe can be assembled ahead of time, refrigerated, and baked right before serving.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp dill pickle relish (or finely chopped dill pickles)
- 2 tbsp bottled chili sauce (ketchup type)
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 12 slider rolls
- 12 slices Provolone cheese, halved to make 24 small slices
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly-sliced corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a small bowl or cup, combine all ingredients until blended and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the bottom slider bun in the bottom of a rimmed baking pan or sheet.
- Spread half of the prepared Reuben sauce on the bottom buns. Top with a piece of cheese.
- Evenly layer the corned beef, drained sauerkraut, and top with another piece of cheese.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the white side of the top slider bun. Place on top.
- Stir together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the top of the sliders.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bun tops are buttery brown. Serve warm.
Home Chef Tip: Double the sauce recipe for serving if desired.
We hope you love these Reuben Slider Sandwiches from SoFabFood Home Chef, Teri from Buy This, Cook That, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, stop by our Appetizer Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!