No one will be able to resist these Slow Cooker BBQ Slider Sandwiches! These savory BBQ Sliders are perfect for an easy dinner, potluck, or any gathering served with shaved lettuce, shaved crunchy red cabbage, red onion, and cheese.
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! These Slow Cooker BBQ Slider Sandwiches come just in time for spring and summer holidays, potlucks, and for those looking for an easy and satisfying dinner.
Slow Cooker BBQ Slider Sandwiches
This recipe is customizable with your favorite toppings. I love putting shredded Iceberg lettuce, crunchy shredded red cabbage, sliced red onion, and a slice of Swiss cheese. This recipe makes 4-8 sliders (I give that range because it will depend on the type or size of buns you use).
When selecting the beef chuck roast, make sure you get the most fresh chuck roast you can find. This recipe is very forgiving. If you have a chuck roast that’s a little smaller or larger than two pounds, that is fine. The amount of sandwiches you get will depend on how much you put on each bun and how large the buns are. A two-pound chuck roast yields around 2 cups of cooked meat (before the sauce is added).
I personally love using a smokey mesquite flavored BBQ sauce because there’s so much flavor. You can give it a kick with a teaspoon (or more!) of your favorite hot sauce.
I put all the fixings for the toppings in a 9 x 13 inch pan so people can help themselves with the toppings they like. I put the buns in a bowl or basket also on the table. By the way, the buns taste so good toasted with this recipe. This is perfect for a buffet-style or family-style dinner.
You can set the slow cooker to the WARM setting during serving to keep the BBQ beef hot and just serve it from the slow cooker.
Who can resist these Slow Cooker BBQ Slider Sandwiches? I’ll have one right now!
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce (or more!)
- 4-8 of your favorite hamburger buns
- 1/4 head of Iceberg lettuce, shaved
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, shaved
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: serve with cole slaw, sliced pickles, ketchup, sliced cheese
- Combine 1 1/2 cups water and 2 pounds beef chuck roast in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- When it's done cooking, remove roast and shred the beef with 2 forks. Remove and discard any pieces of fat. Discard the water (it has the melted fat in it.) Put the shredded beef back into the slow cooker and add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Mix in. Add half the container of BBQ sauce and reserve some for people who wish to add more to their sandwich. Alternately, you can just add the whole bottle, if you prefer.
- Turn the setting to WARM and serve on buns with shaved Iceberg lettuce, shaved red cabbage, sliced red onion, and sliced cheese, and any other condiments, if you wish. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: When selecting the beef chuck roast, make sure you get the most fresh chuck roast you can find. This recipe is very forgiving, if you have a chuck roast that's a little smaller or larger than 2 lbs, that is fine. The amount of sandwiches you get will depend on how much you put on each bun and how large the buns are. A 2-lb chuck roast yields around 2 cups of cooked meat (before the sauce is added).
We hope you enjoy these Slow Cooker BBQ Slider Sandwiches from SoFabFood Contributor, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Slow Cooker Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!