Looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that takes minimal time and only requires five ingredients? Look no further than this Creamy Mushroom Chicken Tortellini Casserole. It’s a 30-minute meal that’s pure comfort food!
A 30-Minute Meal the whole family will love!
Generally I enjoy cooking recipes from scratch with a variety of individual ingredients, but sometimes a throw-together quick meal is ideal. Whether you got home late, are too tired to go out, or have things to do that evening, you can make this Mushroom Chicken Tortellini Casserole with little effort.
A few key ingredients save you plenty of time. Start with packaged cheese tortellini, preferably whole-wheat and/or organic. While these are cooking, sauté fresh string beans and sliced mushrooms until tender.
I also suggest using a store-bought rotisserie chicken for convenience. It’s already perfectly cooked and full of juicy flavor. If you want to cook your own, I’ve created a simple yet effective post on how to bake moist chicken breasts. Condensed mushroom soup rounds out this tortellini casserole. It’s the perfect consistency and no other ingredients are needed. Bake until heated through and bubbly.
That’s it, you’ve just made a Chicken Tortellini Casserole in no time with only five ingredients. It’s enough to feed a family of four, or good for leftovers. Double the batch for extra meals. Sometimes quick and easy meals are just the thing you need, especially when they are this comforting and delicious.
- 8-oz uncooked cheese tortellini
- 2 cups string beans
- 4-oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 8-oz package condensed mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring lightly salted water in a medium pot to boil. Cook tortellini 4-5 minutes, or according to package direction. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté string beans and mushrooms in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Shred desired amount of cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, or about 2 cups. Stir together with cooked tortellini, vegetables, and condensed soup (do not add extra water to soup). Place in a small greased casserole dish and bake 10-12 minutes, until heated through and lightly bubbling.
Home Chef Tip: Try swapping up the green beans for asparagus for another flavorful combination.
We hope you love this Mushroom Chicken Tortellini Casserole recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Matthew from Plating Pixels, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!