Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Casserole is a 30-minute meal loaded with pasta, chicken, mushrooms, bacon, cheese, and smothered in Alfredo sauce. It’s a hearty comfort food and the perfect cheat day meal!
Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Casserole
There’s something so classic about pasta smothered in an Alfredo sauce and a rotini pasta works so well with it. I feel like all the little nooks were designed to trap the sauce inside, so every bite of pasta is blissful. That’s the reason I always choose rotini when I whip up this hearty and delicious Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Casserole.
When you add chicken, mushrooms, bacon, and Parmesan cheese to this mixture, you’re destined to have a pretty awesome one-pan meal. As an added bonus, this is one of the easiest meals I’ve ever made. It’s a 30-minute meal from start to finish. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients, and you are good to go. In fact, you can actually simplify it even further.
What do you need to make this hearty comfort food?
Here’s a list of what you’ll need to make this amazing Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Casserole with Parmesan Cheese and Bacon (spoiler: only 6 ingredients):
- Rotini pasta
- Chicken tenderloins
- White pre-cut mushrooms
- Store bought Alfredo Sauce
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Now if you want to simplify it further, you could use a rotisserie chicken and omit mushrooms. I like using chicken tenders as they cook pretty fast and they remain soft. The breast has a tendency to get dry and that’s why I prefer chicken tenders.
I like to use pre-cut mushrooms as this adds to the simplicity of this dish. I just rinse them to make sure there is no dirt on them, and fry them up. Again, if you’re really short on time and want to make this casserole work free, you can skip the mushrooms altogether. Just mix together your cooked pasta with Alfredo sauce and rotisserie chicken, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese, and you’re done.
I do recommend following this recipe because it only takes 30 minutes of your time and it’s still really simple and super delicious.
Make this casserole in 30 minutes!
You’ll need to boil your pasta for two minutes less than it’s recommended on the box. The pasta will continue cooking in the oven with the sauce, so you don’t want it to become mushy.
While your pasta is cooking, you’ll need to fry up some chicken tenders for approximately two minutes on each side. Remove them from the pan and then fry up your mushrooms for about four minutes, until slightly brown. At this point you can assemble your casserole with pasta, mushrooms, chicken, and Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake it for about 15 minutes in the oven.
When your casserole is baking, you can use the same frying pan as before and cook some cut up bacon pieces for a couple of minutes until crispy. Sprinkle them all over your casserole when it’s done and serve. Just like that, dinner is ready in no time!
- ½ lb rotini pasta (about 3 cups of dried pasta)
- 1 15-oz jar store-bought Alfredo sauce
- ½ lb chicken tenders, cut into cubes
- 4 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Boil pasta in salted water for 2 minutes less than indicated on the box.
- Cut up chicken tenders into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat up cooking oil, then add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes on both sides.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate and add mushrooms to the same skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes, until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Assemble casserole: Add pasta, chicken, mushrooms, and Alfredo sauce into the casserole dish and mix well.
- Sprinkle the casserole with Parmesan cheese and transfer into the oven - bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, add chopped bacon into the same skillet that was used for chicken and mushrooms, and cook it until crispy for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: For a brilliant presentation and added flavor, add chopped cilantro to the top of the casserole before serving.
We hope you love this Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Casserole recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Edyta from Innocent Delight, as much as we do. If you love this comfort food recipe and you’re short on time, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!