These easy cheesy Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers get a phenomenal flavor burst from a combination of onions, garlic, and lower sodium cream of mushroom soup. Simple to make and packed with protein, fiber, and vegetables.
These protein and fiber packed Cheesy Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers are a healthier twist on a classic favorite. Sweet red and orange peppers are stuffed to the brim with a delicious combination of ground white meat chicken, quinoa cooked with lower sodium chicken stock, onions, garlic, lower sodium cream of mushroom soup, and parmesan cheese. The flavors blend beautifully and the outcome will delight the whole family’s tastebuds. The crispness of the peppers compliment the meat blend so well, there’s no need for a side dish. Everything you need is sitting right there, neatly on your plate, ready to be devoured. Once you try these healthy stuffed peppers, you’ll probably never turn to those traditional recipes again!
- 1 lb ground white meat chicken
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 can lower sodium cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup lower sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds removed (we like to use a combination of red and orange for variety)
- Bring the chicken stock and quinoa to a boil over high heat in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook the ground chicken, diced onion, and minced garlic until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add cream of mushroom soup to the meat mixture and heat for about 5 minutes, just to blend the flavors. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked quinoa to the meat mixture and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add ¾ cup of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and stir until melted.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place in a glass baking dish upright.
- Bake in 350ºF preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, enjoy!
We hope you love this simple Cheesy Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!