Your life isn’t complete until you’ve tried this Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies recipe. The brownies are delightfully fudgy and the indulgent cheesecake layer is full of mint flavor and mini chocolate chips.
Hey folks! I’m Miranda from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt. Since I’m a dessert blogger that’s passionate about baking and sweets, I knew I had to share my Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies with you. The brownies are incredibly fudgy and the cheesecake layer is full of mint flavor and mini chocolate chips. I colored the cheesecake green just to add a pop of color in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, but if you’re against food coloring, feel free to leave it out. White mint flavored cheesecake will taste just as good as green mint flavored cheesecake.
I’m a huge fan of cheesecake and thoroughly enjoy including it in as many recipes as possible. I think my next adventure will be stuffing a cookie with cheesecake. We shall see how that works out. It’s always an experiment when playing with recipes. I think my all-time favorite cheesecake recipe so far is my cookie butter cheesecake. It’s like dying and going to cookie butter heaven.
To make these Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies, you’ll want to make the brownie batter first. Then you’ll partially bake the brownie before adding the cheesecake layer. That will allow the brownie to set up and keep the layers in layers instead of a hot mess. Another thing to remember is to refrigerate the brownies overnight before cutting them. This will give you clean cuts and straight edges.
Mint and chocolate chips make the perfect team. The two flavors together can rock any dessert. Once you give these brownies a try, you’ll be begging for more recipes with this pairing. Lucky for you, I’ve made a mint chip cake and chocolate mint chip madeleines, so be sure to try those too. Plus, green and brown look so good together.
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-8 oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 - 3 drops leaf green gel paste color
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 11x7 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang of parchment paper on two sides of the baking pan to use as a handle to remove the bars later on.
- Spray the two sides of the baking pan without parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter and baking chocolate. Place in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until the butter and chocolate are melted. Whisk to combine.
- Add in granulated and brown sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with a hand mixer until fluffy and incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the cocoa powder and flour and mix just until the flour is incorporated.
- Spread the brownies into the prepared pan. It will be a thick batter, so take your time spreading it out and trying to keep the parchment paper in place.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. This will partially bake the brownies and prepare it for the cheesecake filling. Set aside and prepare cheesecake filling.
- Reduce oven to 325ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in the peppermint extract, eggs, and green gel paste color. Mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and stir in with a spatula.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the brownie.
- Place in the 325ºF oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Give the cheesecake a jiggle and if the edges stay firm, it's ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Cut and serve.
We hope you love this recipe for Mint Chip Cheesecake Brownies from SoFabFood Contributor, Miranda from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt, as much as we do. If you liked this decadent dessert, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. For more recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic recipes there too. Enjoy!