Introducing the Lemon Ginger Rogers Cocktail, destined to be a modern classic cocktail! A refreshing gin and ginger ale cocktail with ginger syrup and mint. This simple gin cocktail is perfect for summer entertaining!
Make this easy refreshing Ginger Rogers Lemon Cocktail for hanging pool side with your girls or inviting the neighbors over for a summer night soirée.
The weather is warming up and for us that means lots of great fresh fruit and veggies from our Farmers Market. I secretly find recipes with these tasty foods so I’ll have an excuse to go have a stroll around the market on Saturday morning. What’s better than starting your day by buying local, listening to music, and running into friends at the Farmers Market?
Fruit is always big on our list while we go to the Farmers Market because the animals around our house eat it whenever we grow it in our garden! I rely heavily on purchasing local fruits, especially citrus, because it doesn’t grow here in Indiana. One of my favorite summer drinks is the Ginger Rogers. The Ginger Rogers is a lemon gin cocktail with mint that really hits the spot during the warmer months. It’s cold and refreshing and perfect for summer entertaining.
How Do You Like Your Gin Cocktail?
This is a super fresh recipe that is perfect for the warm months. I’ve heard several ways to mix it up for other seasons. Warm it up and pour it in a mug for cold winter nights. You can also pick up some fresh blackberries while you’re at the farmers market, muddle them in, and add a beautiful purple to your cocktail! It’s easy to make this recipe kid friendly by taking out the gin. It’s a bubbly drink that all ages can enjoy.
- 1.5 oz gin – I recommend a good basic gin for this. No need to get fancy.
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- 2/3 oz ginger syrup
- 2 oz ginger ale
- fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 lb ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place the mint leaves and ginger syrup to your glass.
- Using a muddler (or even the back of a spoon), gently press on the mint leaves to release their fragrance and oils…don’t mash!
- Pour in the lemon juice and gin and stir to combine.
- Add the ginger ale and stir once or twice to combine.
- Bring ginger, sugar, and water to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Gently simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Strain through a sieve and reserve ginger for another use (see home chef note below), then cool to room temperature.
Home Chef Tip: Add fresh muddled blackberries for a colorful spin! You can also buy ginger syrup at many local liquor stores. The extra syrup is delicious in ice tea, lemonade, or drizzled over fresh fruit!
A simple, modern classic cocktail!
I’m beyond ready for our weather to turn warm and to hit the farmers market to get my lemons! If you are a fan of ginger lemonade, you are going to love this light cocktail with ginger ale, ginger syrup, lemon, and mint! Did you know this cocktail was named after the 1930’s actress, Ginger Rogers? How cool would it be to have a drink named after you? What would yours include?
We hope you enjoy this Lemon Ginger Rogers Cocktail from SoFabFood Home Chef, Shelly from DIY Mama, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this refreshing drink recipe recipe, be sure to stop by our cocktails section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!