This nutritious and delicious Emerald Kale Salad is full of fresh farmers market produce and topped with a homemade Sesame-Ginger Dressing. Serve this healthy salad as is or top with grilled chicken for a protein-packed weeknight meal.
A fresh salad inspired by the farmers market!
This Asian-Style Emerald Kale Salad was inspired from fresh, beautiful produce I found at my local farmers market. It has been on repeat in my house for the past few weeks. One of the first days it got really warm outside, I was craving all of the fresh things. I had a ton of produce from the farmers market in the fridge that needed to be used up and this salad was born! It’s easy, affordable, adaptable, and flavorful. The Tuscan kale is massaged with an earthy Sesame-Ginger Dressing, then tossed with scallions, nuts or seeds, edamame, and avocado. It’s sprinkled with a generous helping of toasted sesame seeds and a little orange zest. Turn this into dinner by adding seared, crispy, hot cubes of tofu.
How would you customize this healthy salad recipe?
These are the kind of meals I eat on the regular, even in the winter. I like my salads to be super loaded and crunchy with lots of fresh veggies, and a super flavorful dressing. I cook super seasonally, so in the fall, I might use pears and roasted butternut squash. In the winter, I might use pomegranate, blood oranges, shaved brussels, and whatever else is in season.
I feel my best when I get in as many veggies as possible, so my lunches, and sometimes dinners, look a lot like this!
- 6–8 oz Kale - lacinato or tuscan, chopped small
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely minced
- 1–2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce or Braggs GF Liquid Amino Acids
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1–2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- orange zest, from ½ an orange
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 sliced avocado
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- hot seared tofu cubes
- Place kale, both oils, garlic, ginger, and salt in a large bowl. Massage Kale using clean hands rubbing the oil into the leaves for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, orange zest, and any optional additions like seeds or nuts, scallions, edamame. Toss well. Divide among bowls, Add avocado (seasoning avocado with salt) and optional seared tofu.
- Sprinkle bowls with scallions and more sesame seeds.
Home Chef Tip: To enjoy this salad for dinner, pick a protein and add it in. Seared chicken or tofu both taste great wth this salad!
We hope you enjoy this Emerald Kale Salad recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Oxana from Style at a Glance, as much as we do. If you love this farmers market inspired dish, you can find more like it by visiting our Salad Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!