Served either warm or cold, this Fancy Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon is topped with nuts, feta, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds to add a pop of color and an amazing taste and texture that’s absolutely out of this world!
Fancy Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon Recipe
This Fancy Sweet Potato Salad is a colorful side dish that can be served either warm or cold and it is always a hit. It is one of those dishes that you hope the whole meal there will be leftovers for the next day, but sadly there never are. The nuts, feta, cranberry, and pumpkin seed topping adds a pop of color and taste that you will love.
If you aren’t a meat eater or a bacon lover, you can easily just omit it from the Fancy Sweet Potato Salad. However, if you love bacon, you may want to add more and make it crispy for this dish.
This is a side dish that is easy to do the preparation the day before. For the best results, cook the potatoes the day before and then add the rest of the ingredients just before serving. This will ensure that the bacon and nuts stay crisp.
- 6 large sweet potatoes, cubed and peeled
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1/3 Package of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the potatoes with a little olive oil, sprinkle with some black pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes.
- Put the roasted potatoes in a large bowl and add in the bacon, cranberries, feta, pecans, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve warm or cool.
Home Chef Tip: If making ahead of time, don't add the bacon, cranberries, feta, pecans, and pumpkins seeds until just before serving.
We hope you love this recipe for Fancy Sweet Potato Salad from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxo Bella, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our other Side Dishes so that you’re always ready for busy weeknight meals. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!